Ratings for Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas

Dr Kofinas has taken care of my for my two pregnancies and has been very knowledgable. Although he seems to know what he is talking about, he can come across cold and a little conceited. The people at the front desk are a little nasty and seem to be annoyed when making appointments for you. The nurses are nice and very compassionate. It is very important that you keep track of your own records and procedures because the doctors many times forget about your case. You have to be your own advocate and make sure to remind the doctor of your needs since there are so many other patients seen at this office. The perinatal side of Kofinas is definitely much better than the infertility side.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

His knowledge and expertise is endless. I am so thankful I went to him after my first miscarriage. I had nothing but positive experiences at this office.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Dr. Kofinas is one of the best. He was able to quickly diagnose my issues and treat me accordingly. He's extremely knowledgable in the field of MFM. The staff is also amazing and very expierenced. If you have any issues with pregnancy Dr. Kofinas WILL help you have a healthy baby.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Another victim of this man. Just to help justify previous posters... I too believe that his bedside manner was disgusting and unprofessional! I don't think that one "desires" appropriate bedside manner, I is EXPECTED. As far as hish knowledge and abilities as a healthcare "professiona"l I too was forced to take Lovenox when I didn't need it! He could have killed my unborn child!!!!!!!!! He deserves to be shut down.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

I have nothing but the highest praises and respect for Dr. Kofinas and the entire team at Kofinas Perinatal. My wife and I struggled for years to become pregnant. After discussion with her obstetrician, and doing a vast amount of research, the decision to see Dr. Kofinas was the best one we could have made. My wife was considered high risk and I wanted nothing but the best care for her and our unborn child. Being a health care professional myself, I can honestly say that Kofinas Perinatal met, and far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we entered the immaculate office greeted by Gloria, we were treated with respect and compassion. Waiting time was minimal. All of the sonographers including Diane, Tara, and Lana were top notch. State of the art ultrasound machines are used and the exams are so detailed. The ultrasound gel is warmed before being placed on my wife's belly which is a nice touch. Jennifer is great with ordering medications and lab result follow up. Most importantly, Dr. Kofinas' bedside manner and attention to detail is unparalleled. We never felt rushed and he always was accessible. Pregnancy can be a stressful time for both husband and wife. Being under the care of Dr. Kofinas put us at ease. Our bundle of joy entered this world on April 12, 2016. She is perfect in every way. I do hope that we can see Dr. Kofinas for number two in the near future.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Alexander Kofinas might not be the warm fuzzy doctor the prior poster desired, but I will tell you Dr. Alexander Kofinas is extremely intelligent and knows his medical expertise. Personally, I will take a serious, focused intelligent medical expert, over a warm fuzzy , incompetent Dr (and I have seen both). I came to Kofinas as a second opinion and stayed with him. I had delivered a healthy baby boy due to Dr. Alexander Kofinas. I did take Lovenox for the health of the baby. i did not care about the testing., I just wanted to do whatever I had to for a healthy baby and I have gotten that. Kofinas is a genius and tops in his field. He is a miracle worker in my book!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

It is really sad that people view his bedside manner as professional. Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas forced me to take over $10,000 worth of bloodwork, begins Levonox injections (when I didn't need them) and then misdiagnosed me. This horrible Doctor yelled at me in his office that day saying I would bleed to death if I didn't have immediate surgery to remove a "second" baby stuck in my tube. I wake up from surgery to find out there was never another baby. Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas still stuck to his story even after the surgery. Demanding payment and never admitting his wrong. Unecesessary testing, unnecessary medicine and unecessary SURGERY! I don't want this to ever happen to anyone else. I pray that my story makes you think twice and then again before ever trusting this man.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I took the time to read every single post on Dr. Kofinas. I was suprised to read some of them. As for his bedside manners, if you dont understand his personality then you will find him rude. I never found him rude, i found him to be a very serious doctor who takes his job seriously. I am sure he understands his patients are emotionally wrecked from whatever they are going through, but what's more important is having that baby. If these people asked themselves "do i want a hug" or "do i want a baby" I am for certain bedside manners wouldnt be so important. As for insurance, these are questions you have to ask no matter where you go. Call your insurance as well and ask all of the important questions. This is your homework, not your doctors. As for his knowledge, I came to Dr. Kofinas 3 years ago when i was days away from losing my baby girl because the very first OB i went to had no clue how to read a sonogram and missed a massive blood clot on my placenta. I ended up having thrombophelia, five factors. Some doctors will disagree as did the Dr.s at Roosevelt Hospital when i had to go there in an emergency from work. I stayed with Kofinas because i knew the man was a genuis and knew what he was talking about. Today I am 2 weeks away from delivering my third baby. As for his staff, i've always found them to be very helpful. The only thing that was a problem was scheduling me in for future appointments. But it is what it is, i had to make a few sacrifices and eventually the appointmnents began to work for me. Overall, i love Dr. Kofinas, i love his staff, and my experience with all three pregnancies was wonderful. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost their babies, it is not an easy thing to go through. I wish with all my heart no one had to ever go through such a horrific loss. It is all in God's will, he has a plan for each and every one of us. Just have faith!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

He is the most knowledgable doctor I have ever met. I trust his opinion 100%. He always has a study that he has done to back up what he is recommending. He truly cares about your overall wellbeing of you and your unborn child.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

what a wonderful office. Dr. A. Kofinas is amazing and is very knowledgeable in his field. Beyond wonderful doctor!! Also love his staff. No matter what is going on and how busy they are, they are always ready and there for you at all times!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas's Credentials

• Univ Athens, Fac Med, Sch Of Hlth Sci, Nat'L & Kapodistrian, Athens (Grad. 1976)

Sask Health