You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas

Dr. Alexander Kofinas might not be the warm fuzzy doctor the prior poster desired, but I will tell you Dr. Alexander Kofinas is extremely intelligent and knows his medical expertise. Personally, I will take a serious, focused intelligent medical expert, over a warm fuzzy , incompetent Dr (and I have seen both). I came to Kofinas as a second opinion and stayed with him. I had delivered a healthy baby boy due to Dr. Alexander Kofinas. I did take Lovenox for the health of the baby. i did not care about the testing., I just wanted to do whatever I had to for a healthy baby and I have gotten that. Kofinas is a genius and tops in his field. He is a miracle worker in my book!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

It is really sad that people view his bedside manner as professional. Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas forced me to take over $10,000 worth of bloodwork, begins Levonox injections (when I didn't need them) and then misdiagnosed me. This horrible Doctor yelled at me in his office that day saying I would bleed to death if I didn't have immediate surgery to remove a "second" baby stuck in my tube. I wake up from surgery to find out there was never another baby. Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas still stuck to his story even after the surgery. Demanding payment and never admitting his wrong. Unecesessary testing, unnecessary medicine and unecessary SURGERY! I don't want this to ever happen to anyone else. I pray that my story makes you think twice and then again before ever trusting this man.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

I took the time to read every single post on Dr. Kofinas. I was suprised to read some of them. As for his bedside manners, if you dont understand his personality then you will find him rude. I never found him rude, i found him to be a very serious doctor who takes his job seriously. I am sure he understands his patients are emotionally wrecked from whatever they are going through, but what's more important is having that baby. If these people asked themselves "do i want a hug" or "do i want a baby" I am for certain bedside manners wouldnt be so important. As for insurance, these are questions you have to ask no matter where you go. Call your insurance as well and ask all of the important questions. This is your homework, not your doctors. As for his knowledge, I came to Dr. Kofinas 3 years ago when i was days away from losing my baby girl because the very first OB i went to had no clue how to read a sonogram and missed a massive blood clot on my placenta. I ended up having thrombophelia, five factors. Some doctors will disagree as did the Dr.s at Roosevelt Hospital when i had to go there in an emergency from work. I stayed with Kofinas because i knew the man was a genuis and knew what he was talking about. Today I am 2 weeks away from delivering my third baby. As for his staff, i've always found them to be very helpful. The only thing that was a problem was scheduling me in for future appointments. But it is what it is, i had to make a few sacrifices and eventually the appointmnents began to work for me. Overall, i love Dr. Kofinas, i love his staff, and my experience with all three pregnancies was wonderful. My heart goes out to all of those who have lost their babies, it is not an easy thing to go through. I wish with all my heart no one had to ever go through such a horrific loss. It is all in God's will, he has a plan for each and every one of us. Just have faith!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

He is the most knowledgable doctor I have ever met. I trust his opinion 100%. He always has a study that he has done to back up what he is recommending. He truly cares about your overall wellbeing of you and your unborn child.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

what a wonderful office. Dr. A. Kofinas is amazing and is very knowledgeable in his field. Beyond wonderful doctor!! Also love his staff. No matter what is going on and how busy they are, they are always ready and there for you at all times!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have a long history of repeated miscarriages and as a result have been to see several of the top infertility doctors in the city. Dr. Kofinas and his staff are by FAR the most human, compassionate team we have experienced. Rather than just keep pushing for more IVF cycles, Dr. Kofinas has investigated why I keep having pregnancy losses, and is attempting to treat this underlying condition. Regardless of how things turn out for us, I am deeply grateful for his excellent care.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Alexander Kofinas is an amazing doctor who will follow through with you always. I have a major reproach however: the man lacks people skills, and can be perceived as insensitive. We have been through a lot, and blaming your technician about a missing remote in front of a crying patient to whom you just told she will need to terminate her pregnancy: unreal. Making jokes the second time around about previous pregnancy's disaster: beyond insensitive. In spite of these quirks, he is an excellent doctor. I much prefer the personality of his brother George by far though.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Kofinas for many years. I see him every 2 weeks while pregnant. The care and attention I receive from him and his staff is top notch... I have very difficult pregnancies and have had many losses. I hold Dr. Kofinas responsible for me being able to carry my son to term. Pregnant with my second child I have complete confidence that I will carry to term under the care of Dr Kofinas, he is a medical genius, thinks outside of the box, he truly cares about you! Name another dr that wants to be called while on vacation when you visit his office for a sono to make sure you are progressing the way you should be! One of a kind, would recommend this office above all others

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I go see Dr. Kofinask every two weeks. I admit at first i was second guessed going there because he was out of my network and I had to pay extra but i am so happy I did. He discovered some issues that my regular OBGYN didn't. I wish i could give 10 stars to his knowledge and staff rating. I honestly look forward to going because they are so helpful, comforting and i know i am in the best hands.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas's Credentials

• Univ Athens, Fac Med, Sch Of Hlth Sci, Nat'L & Kapodistrian, Athens (Grad. 1976)

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alexander Kofinas might not be the warm fuzzy doctor the prior poster desired, but I will tell you Dr. Alexander Kofinas is extremely intelligent and knows ..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It is really sad that people view his bedside manner as professional. Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas forced me to take over $10,000 worth of bloodwork, begins Levonox..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took the time to read every single post on Dr. Kofinas. I was suprised to read some of them. As for his bedside manners, if you dont understand his personalit..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is the most knowledgable doctor I have ever met. I trust his opinion 100%. He always has a study that he has done to back up what he is recommending. He tr..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "what a wonderful office. Dr. A. Kofinas is amazing and is very knowledgeable in his field. Beyond wonderful doctor!! Also love his staff. No matter what is goi..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a long history of repeated miscarriages and as a result have been to see several of the top infertility doctors in the city. Dr. Kofinas and his staff ..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son wouldn't be here if it wasn't for dr Kofinas. He cares and the man is an encyclopedia! "

July 14, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alexander Kofinas is an amazing doctor who will follow through with you always. I have a major reproach however: the man lacks people skills, and can be per..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Kofinas for many years. I see him every 2 weeks while pregnant. The care and attention I receive from him and his staff is top notc..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I go see Dr. Kofinask every two weeks. I admit at first i was second guessed going there because he was out of my network and I had to pay extra but i am so h..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm there every week-two weeks in my pregnancy. Every person in the office is nicer than the next(with the exception of one or two on a few occasions but everyo..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have several friends that used Dr. Kofinas and spoke very highly of him. I am finally pregnant with my first and I wouldn't trust anyone else. He is extreme..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kofinas is the most thorough physician I have ever encountered. He is clearly very passionate about his work. He left no stone unturned when diagnosing my..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kofinas was able to diagnose a fertility issue that other OB/GYN was able to do so in a matter of minutes. He is passionate about his work and an expert on ..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am pregnant with my second child and have been monitored by this doctor for both. With the knowledge and expertise him and his staff have, I can sleep easy at..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am very grateful to Dr. Kofinas, Dr. Nguyen, and all the staff at Kofinas Perinatal - and I try to spread the good word to anyone I know struggling with infer..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kofinas and staff are very helpful and experienced."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I are so grateful for Dr Kofinas and his wonderful staff. Dr Kofinas is extremely knowledgeable and thorough and takes the time to explain every..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff and drs are all fantastic here. From the front desk to the billing to the techs to the docs. I cannot say enough good! I had an abrupted pregnancy ..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "First of all, the staff here are AMAZING! Carla at the front desk knows everyone's name. The ultrasound technicians are down-to-earth and funny. Dr. Nguyen, Dr...."

December 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kofinas is an outstanding physician with the knowledge and expertise that mothers with a high risk pregnancy need and appreciate. As with most of his patien..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kofinas treated me during my high risk pregnancy and was very attentive and professional. He calmed me down when I was worried and gave me great information..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Unprofessional, rude, and arrogant could be three words to describe this guy."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Its one thing to be a good doctor, and its another thing to be a good person. I can't really comment on this doctors knowledge and skill, because I'm not really..."

September 17, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Alexander" to "Alexander D."

October 20, 2013