Ratings for Dr. William W. Chow

I want to bring awareness to a serious matter pertaining to UCLA epileptologist John Stern and Cedar Sinai neurologist William Chow. Dr. Chow’s negligence nearly cost me my life, as he was convinced I was suffering from a psychiatric disorder. In reality, a cancerous tumor was causing me to seize uncontrollably. I made a 5-minute video presentation: williamchowmd.com Dr. Chow’s decision to falsify medical records and mention John Stern’s name on a prescription very well may drag Dr. Stern into this. I just pray all of this will be addressed properly by our judicial system. I made a video presentation on williamchowmd.com It is a bit sad to watch but I do feel exposing the truth is the right thing to do, even though it comes at the expense of my privacy. I was referred to Dr. Chow after having a grand mal seizure. He believed the seizure was ‘coincidental’ and my increasingly alarming complaints during the 4 years under his care were all psychological in nature. Combining my ‘coincidental’ grand mal, his conclusion and yet my adamant believe I was continuing to seize, William Chow decided to keep me on both a ‘mood stabilizing’ and seizure controlling medication called ‘Depakote’ as well as on a purely anxiety-based medication called Xanax. After approximately 3 years of being ‘seizure free’ according to Dr. Chow, he provided instructions as to how to come off Depakote. Once completely off it my condition threw me into a vulnerable state of near fatality. Dr. Chow advised me to immediately get psychological counseling and I did just that. The two doctors spoke and the psychologist noted in her records William Chow made it clear I was neurologically stable. In reality, I was suffering from intractable epilepsy (uncontrollable seizures). A doctor I saw strongly recommended I see an epileptologist, who determined I had epilepsy. William Chow realized he had misdiagnosed me for 4 years and refused to give both me and the new epileptologist my medical records. Instead, he had his secretary Verna Daigle create a false medical record recommending I see John Stern. There is a pending lawsuit. I must say that what Doctor William Chow did will never affect the love I have for doctors. I believe most are skilled and honest people who deserve the utmost respect for saving peoples’ lives every single day. Amazing doctors from USC did just that for me. If it weren’t for a smart psychologist, USC, my family and prayers, I would not be here today able to share with you my story.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

90 minute wait.....not the only patient who experienced more than an hour wait,office staff forgot we were there, more concerned with non-work related activities, gossip etc....not going back...always a long wait, hard to get an appointment, Doc seems bored with his job, if you're looking for a "listener" this isn't the place. Miserable experience.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

misdiagnosised condition not accurate too sure of himself, very disappointed

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Very nice and pleasant and perhaps a good doctor in general, but as to my personal experience, he did not seem to have a much knowledge in the area of treating Multiple Sclerosis. MS has many symptoms and affects each person differently. After a recent appointment, he told me that some of the symptoms I was reporting to him were not MS related and that perhaps I had another auto-immune disorder. He gave me a referral to another doctor. It's bad enough to have a chronic disease like MS, but to be denied validation of my symptoms made me feel hopeless and very alone. After researching the illness, I ultimately discovered that everything I was complaining about was indeed MS related and was real. He is simply not a doctor I would personally recommend for someone with MS.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr. William W. Chow's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1996)

MSP/BC Med