Ratings for Dr. Rehan Ahmad

Dr. Ahmad is a wonderful doctor. He always takes the time to sit down and talk to me about my concerns. He’s been my doctor for years. I see him due to having a thyroid issue. I never have to wait for medication refills because it’s always ready for me and his staff is wonderful especially Lisa who always takes time to help you on the phone, front desk or making sure we get our appointment reminders.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

17 Months ago I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. For those of you who know me wouldn't find this surprising being on how much bad stuff I ate and how often I ate it. Standing at 5'6", weighing in at 320lbs and a blood sugar of 648 I had a true recipe for disaster. Unhealthy to say the least and never once gave it a thought on what could happen if I didn't fix my habits. It wasn't until I lost my vision on the way home from a dinner in Brooklyn that I finally said, I need to get looked at. I started at the hospital whom diagnosed the actually problem and sent me off to a specialist. The hospital did lower my sugar into the low three hundreds and sent me home. I never had a primary care doctor let alone a specialist. I have a insurance, so I figured let me use it to see what they have to say. I chose my Primary care physician and then I chose my endocrinologist. After coming highly recommended that I see Dr. Ahmad... and this is where life changed. Like I said, I was 5"6", 320 lbs. My sugar was 648, my A1C was 11.9. I was out of breath walking to the bathroom let alone up my driveway. He is a blunt man and I preferred that. Don't sugar coat it, tell me how it is. He looked at me and said "If you don't stop this, you are going to die." "Enough is enough, you want to fix this? Then follow what I am going to tell you and you will see you can do it" Well, So I did... Through medication, Diet Change and being a tad bit more active began the process. Life is different now. I feel better. I look Better. I see better. I eat better and I am very active now. I kind of feel young again. So, on October 12th 2015 here is where I stand. I am still 5'6". I am 98lbs lighter at 222lbs. My A1C is a 5.2. My highest sugar reading in the last 6 months was 122 and I feel great. These are results. Not a small number change but a life style change. If you suffer from Type II Diabetes, you can fix yourself. Try it, you will surprise you self. As for Doctor Ahmad, He is a great honest doctor. I highly recommend him. He will be honest and blunt, be prepared for it, but do what he says, it will change you.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Having diabetes can be challenging for so many reasons. For me, the major challenge is how the disease itself changes as I age and experience other medical issues. The medications and diet I used a year ago may not work today, or in the future. On top of that, there are emotions that one can experience with this disease that range from happiness when the numbers are great, and utter frustration when all efforts seem to be yielding the opposite results desired. What better doctor to have with you on this journey than Dr. Rehan Ahmad. His systematic, logical approach is coupled with his true care and concern. His bedside manner has a gentle firmness to it that’s needed, especially with having diabetes. His entire staff is also an extension of his professionalism and care. Dr. Ahmad is indeed on this journey with me. I never feel alone. He is generous with his time, and sometimes the best treatment plan is knowing you are 100% cared for by your doctor. This is the case with Dr. Ahmad.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I feel so comfortable with Dr. Ahmad. Compared to other endocrinologists I've seen, he's the best. He has never made me feel like a number and he genuinely cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable in his field and I trust his medical opinion completely. I really like that he takes the time to discuss my health issues with me thoroughly and he actually listens to what I have to say about my health concerns. He makes me feel like we are a team working on my health and not him just telling me what to do. I wish more doctors were like Dr. Ahmad. His staff is very kind and accommodating also.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I was recommended to Dr. Ahmad by my neighbor recently for a thyroid problem. He reviewed my history in detail and explained my problem to me without rushing.. He was able to get my condition under control swiftly. I have not felt as good as I do now in several years. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a thyroid specialist

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr. Ahmad is a wonderful doctor. He listens to all I have to ask and never rushes me, and truth being its hard to find doctors like him. He is always on top of my blood work to make sure my levels are where they need to be. I would recommend him highly. He's a doctor who cares about his patients not one who is in and out with you just working for his paycheck.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr. Ahmad has given me excellent care these past seven years. He listens and cares and has helped me a great deal.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Ahmad is an excellent physician. My diabetes has never been under better control. I wish I had seen him years before instead of living with uncontrolled sugars for a long time. He is very thorough, takes the time to answer my questions and always updates my family doctor with a letter that includes any changes he makes to my medications. I have referred several family members to him.

Submitted October 27, 2014

Worst doctor I have ever seen, without exaggeration. I went to see him because my regular endocrinologist was on maternity leave and my blood work showed my dosage of thyroid medications wasn't high enough. Instead, Dr. Rehan took me off thyroid medication entirely---medication I had been on for four years--- without even tapering off. He looked at my charts and decided that I never had thyroid disease in the first place. Boy, was he wrong. And every doctor I've seen since then who has looked at the same exact charts and blood testing has said so (endocrinologists, general practitioners, etc.). I was crashing within a week of being off of the medications, and called his office to plead for medication. He called back personally and basically accused me of being a hypochondriac, saying that there is no way I would feel the change in medications after only a week. This, of course, has also been proven false by multiple doctors. The reverberations of not tapering down lasted months. I am finally back on the dosage he should have put me on when I saw him in June 2014, and it is OCTOBER 2014. There are only a handful of endocrinologists in the Hudson Valley, so the situation is rather dire if you can't get an appointment, but DO NOT turn to him!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Ahmad did not listen to my concerns and was rude in his manner. He also did not lower my meds in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Rehan Ahmad's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Newburgh, NY