Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Strauss

He may be knowledgeable, however, he is clearly not willing to project that onto his doctor/patient relationship in a productive way. He also seems to keep his staff under very tight control and they appear to be literally afraid of him. Practicing medicine is not all about knowledge, it's also about healing people. One aspect seems to eclipse his knowledge aspect where he is blindly hooked on prescribing certain drugs without consideration of alternatives. Big Pharma got to him?

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

However knowledgeable Strauss may be is eclipsed by his horrible attitude. He obviously is afflicted with borderline personality disorder. Rather than making my treatment his first concern, he was only interested in having me become a subject in a double blind study by one of the largest pharmaceutical company in the world - even tho I had graeat insurance. Obviously he stranded to profit greater by the "study" - and when the results of a test that he ordered precluded me from participating, he sent me on my way with the decree that "you will probably die WITH Hep C but not from it" even tho the test indicated that I had Stage3 Cirrhosis. The man couldn't help but share his negative attitude toward the A.C.A. Stating that soon he would have no say in who he had to treat. He left me wondering who he would deny treatment to in the future. Avoid this angree little man.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Strauss while willing to spend time and listen, in the end turned out to be arrogant, close-minded, critical, dismissive of my complaints and unwilling to cooperate with requests from other MDs. I gave him every chance to change by accommodating to his suggestions but he still would not honor or work with requests from other physicians. He went so far as to actually arguing with me regarding the findings of another MD. When I informed him to be aware of this finding during a procedure (to see if anything had changed since the LAST time I had the procedure) he responded by telling me that it couldn't be so (before even starting), and, of course, he found it to be the case. I've never encountered such an adversarial physician before.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

The staff at GI Specialists of Georgia is outstanding. I have been a patient of Dr. Robert Strauss since July 2000. He is always accommodating, patient, and willing to answer all my questions. He is exactly the kind of doctor you want in a specialist.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Dr. Strauss is an outstanding Doctor. He is willing to spend time with a patient answering all their questions. This factor coupled with scheduling as he is in demand can lead to appointments being behind. He is caring and considerate of staff and patients.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr. Robert M. Strauss's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Nacl Auto De Mexico, Fac De Med, Mexico Df, Mexico (Grad. 1983)