Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Harper

They are very nice and supportive. I did IVF and miscarried on my fresh cycle but am currently 21 weeks pregnant with twins so I'm so happy and really appreciate them.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Very friendly, caring, and comforting staff. Even though there can be several visits involved, it is well worth the time spent there. Dr. Harper and his staff are the best! Loved everyone that I came in contact with. All my questions and concerns were answered, and they don't give you the run around about what is going on. I loved knowing that we would try a step by step process that I could understand and I felt comfortable with. I never once felt that money was what they were after, but that they were there to truly help me. I definitely recommend Dr. Harper and his staff to anyone who is experiencing infertility. We saw Dr. Harper from Nov. 2016 until Feb. 2017. The only problems with had, actually dealt more with my regular OB, since the notes they sent over were not very clear, so that added a little confusion. However, itvwas straightened out quickly. We used 1 round of Femara, and carefully timed intercoursed, we are now 9 weeks pregnant with twins.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

At first, Dr. Harper had suggested the low cost option of Insemination. We agreed to 3-4 rounds before we re-evaluated our treatment plan. After the first round, and after he found out my insurance covers IVF, he decided to point is in the direction of IVF. I solely believe this was because of money, after I explained our insurance still requires a large payment from our pocket for IVF, the look on his face explained he was just in it for the money... After seeing a new physician we learned that the sperm count received for the IUI at Dr. Harper's office was too low to be able to do an IUI.. I was never told it was too low, I was never given an option, nor informed that the count was so low, it was actually a waste of time. They took my money and took advantage of me trusting their care and knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Incompetent dr and staff. Never knew why I came in for each appointment and gives false hope. Definitely wants your money and is very unsupportive. After saying he could help and taking my money, he abruptly says in his words that this is a waste of his time. Some staff are very incompetent and rude. Dr. Harper was informed of the incidences and brushed them off. I urge ladies not to waste their time and money and the stress that they caused.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Staff did not know my case each time I came in (except for one nurse). Would state that I am here for an iui and I would not be. I was forgotten about in room waiting on iui for over an hour and a half. One nurse was flaling her arms not sure what to do on that day of iui and even got the receptionist to assist with ultrasound. She didnt even know the other nurses names. This same nurse also told the doctor statements that I did not say. I informed Dr. Harper of the issues with this new nurse. He did not seem concerned about them and even changed his advice and recommendation on my case. I strongly recommend anyone seeking fertility treatment to not subject themselves to the stress and lack of professionalism this office portrayed.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Dr. Harper and his staff were absolutely wonderful. We went to Dr.Harper knowing that we would need ivf. He was completely supportive. We were successful on our first attempt buy had some complications. Dr.Harper was there with us through everything. He called me every day to check on me. I'm currently 7 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy thanks to Dr. Harper. My nurse still calls about every month to check on our pregnancy. I would recommend him to anyone who needs infertility help.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

My experience with Dr. Harper and his staff was absolutely great from beginning to end! I love the nurses there! Now we are expecting our first baby boy in January after a successful first IUI! Thanks for everything!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Dr. Harper and his staff were nothing less that excellent!! They went the full mile for me every time I was in their office and I am now expecting a sweet baby in March!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I have had a terrible experience w/ this doctor. ***Please be aware*** This doctor is not skilled in laparoscopies and tries to push all patients to do IVF without trying other methods first...possibly b/c he is not skilled enough to perform them (but claiming he is) or due to the fact that IVF is more money into his pocket...either way he should be exposed for what it is...unless you are having IVF-do not go to him. Thank you for listening.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I have Dr. Harper to thank for my two blessings! Great doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. Andrew J. Harper's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Madison, AL