Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Cave

If you really need to see dr. Cave, don't let him do a root canal. Root canals should be done in endodontics ofifces. I had several done by him a few years ago, he talked me into that, and all of them had to be replaced and re-treated. That cost a lot of money and pain. Plus, he is rude to patients and treats his staff like slaves. Stay away!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I had my first (and hopefully last) rrom canal today. No pain during the procedure and no pain after. Dr. Cave and his assistants made me comfortable and told me everything going on as it happened. They even gave me a blanket when I was feeling a little chilly. The office is clean and spacious and they handle the insurance billing for you. My husband and two sons also go to Dr. Cave and love him almost as much as I do:-)

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

This has been the most awful, unprofessional dental experience I have ever had! Last week I called to ask for my x-rays to be sent to my new dentist. I was told they would be emailed over. I called my new dentist to make sure they had arrived. They had not. I called Dr. Cave's office back, asked again for the records to be sent. Was informed that they would be sent that day. They were not sent. I called back AGAIN today. The receptionist informed me that contrary to what I had been previously told, my x-rays could not be emailed, they could only be mailed. I told her that was fine and to proceed. An hour later she called me back to inform me that she was "mistaken", she hadn't looked in my file earlier and that my records were "lost." Seriously? This is clearly a blantant lie. Unprofessional, rude, the opposite of efficient. This is simply the tip of the iceburg. Dr. Cave drilled/filled a cavity, I had pain later, he told me I was not, now I'm having a root canal.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Cave explained every detail of what he was doing. I was surprised to hear that I had so many cavities but I knew it was not a scam because I am not good at remembering to floss... The dentist is always very careful, and remembers specific details. I see some made negative reviews, but I have nothing but positive comments. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I have been to Dr. Cave for several years. I think he's fantastic. He's never encouraged me to have anything done that I didn't need to have done, he's recommended things to save me money. He expects patients to be on time and I LOVE that - I don't want to wait when I arrive and I think it's fair to expect that we be on time so as not to make everyone else late for the day. His office may be a little tight, but he's fairly new in his practice and it doesn't bother me. He's been informative, polite, friendly and always patient to answer my questions. I have recommended friends to him and they, too, have had good experiences with him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Thus far, Dr. Cave has been thoroughly professional with me. He has not recommended unnecessary procedures (can't say this about the other dentists I've visited). He is a stickler for time (AND THAT'S A BAD THING?) -- thank God -- because usually I go on my lunch hour and time is of the essence. I never feel rushed and yes, he does expect this staff to be professional (don't see anything wrong with that either). His staff is friendly and I always get a call the day before as a reminder. His office may be dated, but thus far, the services received from Dr. Cave and his staff have been first-rate.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Cave is an awful dentist!!! He is extremely rude and condescending and refuses to take the time to listen to his patient's concerns. When I expressed my opinions about certain procedures that he suggested, he completely cut me off and refuted everything that I had to say. Please do not get any major dental work done by him, he rushes through everything and his work is dreadfully sloppy!! He constantly yelled and screamed at his dental assistants throughout my visit. His office is an ancient, dirty, run down joke. There are boxes and boxes of mess crammed into every corner of that messy office. The wall paper and paint is peeling throughout the office. I can go on and on about how horrible Dr. Cave is. I honestly would not recommend him to my worst enemy!! I suggest you stay far away from this dentist!! Worst dentist ever, better off going to a clinic!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I was incredibly disappointed by my visit to Dr. Cave. He was abrasive, condescending (I find it incredibly rude to be called “Kiddo” as a young, professional woman), and made me feel as though his time was more important than the quality of care. When I went in for my last appointment, I thought I was there for a cleaning, but without saying ANYTHING beforehand, Dr. Cave started numbing my mouth to drill two soft spots! I didn't even know he was planning to fill them-- nor would I have agreed to it-- much less the same day without so much as notifying me first (apparently this is a common tactic used by fraudulent dentists to boost insurance payments). Furthermore, 2 weeks later my jaw is still sore from being pried open and I have searing pain in one of the fillings whenever I chew. Needless to say, I will NOT be going to see Dr. Cave again-- his lack of professionalism was appalling and I can only hope my dental health won't be permanently impaired as a result of his negligence.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Ugh, terrible. I will never return to this dentist. He was rude, cocky, and intimidating. The office is old and dirty looking, and the equipment is absolutely ancient. In fact, the x-ray equipment was so old that it actually hurt when they took x-rays with their bulky, old-fashioned equiment. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

Completely DISLIKED HIM! He was arrogant & rude. I couldn't TELL he was the dentist b/c of the way he was dressed. He seemed more concerned with being stylish than looking professional. I made an appointment for a general check up but when I got in the office he told me that it was a "problem specific appointment". During this half done exam he knocked on my teeth with his tool & told me to tell him if it hurt. When I said 2 of my teeth in particular did hurt when he did that,he rudely told me that I was anticipating it & basically making it up! When I tried to explain what I was feeling,he told me not to explain it & just say yes or no, then he got very irritated! Why in the world would I make it up when my insurance doesnt even cover half of whatever I would need done! If anything, I would be saying it didnt hurt when it did! I told him I didnt like the way the appt.was going & his response was"I couldn't agree more". I walked out before he could finish and I WILL NOT BE RETURNING!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008