Ratings for Dr. Eric John Woodard

Had ACDF surgery on 4/12/2018. Dr Woodard and his team are excellent! They are kind, caring and compassionate!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

office staff short of being understanding or showing any empathy for patients. Rude at times . whatever happened to his other staff? I have been with him for a number of years, but the staff makes me rethink the whole visit.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Had surgery in September. He is a wonderful caring man. His staff are great and even if I have an appointment with his assistant, he always comes in and says hello. Too bad people do not take the time to get to know him, he is a brilliant man and only the best is good enough for me. He is the best.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Went in for a consult but was told he was too busy to see me so I saw his associate. Then scheduled me for surgery without ever meeting me. As we got closer the surgery I asked to meet with the doctor but was told that he was too busy with international conferences to schedule a visit but would meet him day of surgery! Was told he's too busy to return phone calls from patients. Now two weeks prior to the surgery I have a lot of questions, and the only way he'll answer that is if I schedule another appointment with his office which I have no time to do do due to using all of my time off for the surgery. As a result I'm canceling surgery because I have no faith in the doctor. When the office staff apologizes for the doctors behavior, that is never a good sign.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Two patients were scheduled for the same appointment at 7:30 AM, when the doctor was in surgery! I waited 90 minutes and, after filling out 10 pages of questions, saw doctor #2, who asked me the questions on the paperwork I had already filled in. When I finally saw Dr Woodard, after over 100 minutes of waiting, while he had seen my x-ray and MRI, didn't do anything more than report that there was nothing he could do. At least it doesn't look like surgery first! I asked him why two patients were scheduled at the same time and he said "It is a general time slot" (not clear to me beforehand), and when I asked again, he said "We want to help as many people as possible" (read: Get in as many patients as possible??) Very unsatisfactory arrangement, regardless of the frustration of not getting any help with my back and leg pain.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Terrible, arrogant, never on time, bad attitude, no time for patients, its all about the money to him

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

may be a great doctor but has a horrible business acumen. poor follow up. uncaring staff. and, way too many patients for size of staff.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

Terrible service. Rude front office. Very uncommunicative - poor bedside manner. Seems bright but uninterested in any element outside the actual surgery.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

After a number of surgeries I found a doctor who properly diagnosed and fixed my Chiari Malformation condition!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Woodard removed my l5 s1 intradural schwannoma 11/06. I was bedridden for months prior, barely able to walk with a cane, and top neuro surgeons in Boston turned me away because it was too risky. Full recovery. He gave my life back to me and I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

Dr. Eric John Woodard's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)