Ratings for Dr. Leroy L. Schroeder

Dr Schroeder and his nurse are so rude and down right nasty, I get worked up a week before I know I have an apt the only good thing I got from this dr is he sent me to Dr Siperstein which I might add is the sweetest nicest dr ive ever been too.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Horrible. He pushed me around, and his nurses forced me to go into his office alone. I was 16, terrified, and only now know that was illegal. Convinced everyone I was diabetic when I'm not (never was), had me on a diet of nuts and cheese (allergic and lactose intolerant- did he care??), and sent me to counseling when I dared to speak up about how he treated me and what it was doing. Put me on androgen blockers at such a high dose I now have damage to my heart and have gone into menopause at 26. I now treat myself with herbs to heal the damage HE caused by guessing at what I had and treating me for NOTHING. I now have PTSD from being told I would be dead five years from then for "being fat," having diabetes, and "mental problems." I only had undiagnosed celiac disease, NOTHING ELSE, and he nearly killed me. I can't say here what else he did, but PLEASE. Women, do not go yourself, or allow your kids to be sent in alone. PLEASE. I will live with the trauma the rest of my life. My relationship with my family is ruined, as they trusted him, I trusted them, and we can't sue as the statute of limitations is way past and I couldn't survive a trial.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Treated my (then) wife's thyroid cancer. After part of her thyroid was removed, Dr. Schroeder recommended she take Radioiodine to see if the thyroid cancer was still present. We had Aetna insurance, the high option plan & had the high option plan for several years, but we had to first pay for the RadioIodine treatment before Dr. Schroeder would move further on treating her cancer. So we paid for it shortly thereafter. Dr. Schroeder was always shrewd & never seemed to possess professional people skills...& he didn't seem to know what he was doing. He treated my wife like a lab-rat with no regard to her needs or feelings. My wife took the Radioiodine & we followed the cautions & instructions while she had the Radioiodine in her system. Dr. Schroeder scheduled her to get some more tests done. & then shortly there after, his receptionist calls me & says that Dr. Schroeder wanted my wife to call him. I knew it was concerning the Radioiodine results, but they would tell me anything & I was her husband. So my wife called the number they gave me, while she was at work. & from what my mother-in-law later told me, Dr. Schroeder told her over the phone that her remaining half of her thyroid was now cancerous & it would likely spread! I would of thought that a Dr. Would schedule a married couple to his clinic to discuss theses things in person & go over what the options were or at least his prognosis. But Dr. Schroeder just tells my wife over the phone the bad news while I was not with her to at least hold her. He just blatantly drops the bomb of bad news to her over the phone! Well, then Dr. Schroeder just seemed to fall off the planet. He didn't propose any further involvement or treatment for my wife's thyroid cancer. Just as we were trying to get A hold of him (which proved difficult) & research possible other Doctors & treatments because Dr. Schroeder seemed like he dropped my wife's case...while all this was going on, my wife fainted at work & was taken to the hospital. They did blood work at that hospital & several hours later, that evening, me & my wife were told that she has a rare cancer called ALL Leukimia! & that night They transported her in an ambulance to Toledo to start lucrosis because they said she would likely die if she didn't get the treatment that night! & less than a year later, I buried her, she was just 32 years old. I had never heard from Dr. Schroeder last last year my wife was fighting for her life. He just fell of the face of the Earth. We paid a crap load of money for the Radioiodine treatment. He told us that the Radioiodine treatment was the step toward her being cancer-free, so we did it. He calls her & says she's got thyroid cancer again. & that was the last we heard of him, then I'm burying my wife.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Received a diagnosis of gestational diabetes after a 3 hour glucose test that was not properly substantiated. Was refered by my OB to him and upon the first visit was treated as if my opinion on anything did not matter, he is very arrogant, with a horrible bedside manner. Was given incorrect information on what my diet was supposed to consist of. He had marked obese on my chart, and when I reminded him I was there because of a GESTATIONAL diabetes diagnosis he laughed. Met with a nurse on his staff the same week, she told me I had no right to question the data that they used or any statistical data, and proceeded to berate me in her office. The 2nd visit with him, after a blood draw it was shown that I had a perfect A1C, and no sugar spikes, he said "I don't believe what that says." Scoffed at me because he had already written out a script for insulin. The dietician he uses is the only helpful one there. I refuse to go back. Especially after I got the bill, $534 for one office visit.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

I tried to get diabetic shoes through my foot doctor and he refused to sign the paperwork. I have never had a problem with this before.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2011

Excellent, knowledgeable physician. Encourages you to take an active part in your disease process by teaching, working on goals one at a time. Motivates you to learn & actually do something besides just taking medications

Submitted February 25, 2011

Obnoxious, arrogant, unprofessi0nal and often times downright rude. His staff is just as bad as he is.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2010

Dr. Leroy L. Schroeder's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Commercial Insurance Company