Ratings for Dr. Jennifer L. Bonheur

Professional. Knowledgable. Can tell she really cares. Helped me to feel well again! Grateful.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Dr Bonheur is a great listener and as a result a very good and kind doctor. T

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Simply the best Dr. I have seen in years- She is fully involved with her patients, follows up to see how you are doing (thru personal calls to your home) and makes the time to understand all about you, and how it impacts on your medical issues. Such a fine and caring person, and all found in a brilliant doctor. Cannot say enough good things about her except to say that I am feeling much better than I have in years because of her extraordinary care. Living life so much more fully and painlessly. Recommend family and friends to Dr. Bonheur- she is the very best.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Bonheur is a wonderful and brilliant doctor. She is very knowledgeable, analytical and professional. Dr. Bonheur is always using scientific approach in the treatment of my conditions. Dr. Bonheur is also kind and caring person. I feel lucky and blessed to find her! I also would like to express my gratitude to Christina - a member of her staff. Christina is very professional, patient and helpful. Thank you and the best regards from the bottom of my heart. Irena.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr Bonheur is not only a wonderful physician, but a wonderfully caring person who I am so happy I found Dr. Bonheur in all of Manhattan. She is a treasure and a fantastic doctor!! Finally, after many years of feeling sick ,I am on the road to feeling so much better. She cares about her patients and knows all the most recent medical advances. I recommend her highly . She is the best GI I have ever seen (and I have seen many). Everything that is important in a physician is found in Dr Bonheur.

Submitted April 27, 2015

I am a senior citizen, and I thought after my GI of many years retired I would never be pleased again. Then, through a friend, I met Dr Bonheur and I know the future of my health is in the VERY BEST of hands!! Dr Bonheur is the rare mixture of the Drs of the past, who take time, interest, show compassion, get involved and return your calls, with the knowledge of the latest and most advanced medical practices available, all at her fingertips. Dr Bonheur treats you as a WHOLE PERSON- which is amazing to find in this day and age of medicine and medical specialties. I am scheduling a colonoscopy, without fear, (for the first time in my life though I have had many), because I know I am in the very best of hands. Dr. Bonheur is an EXTRAORDINARY Dr who is calm, understanding and respectful of the fears a patient may have . I am approaching a proceedure that I used to dred , this time, without panic , knowing that she will be there for me every step of the way, and it will take place in a state of the art facility. With all the possible Dr's in NYC, I was so very lucky to find her. Dr Bonheur was the BEST gift my friend ever gave me. Her entire staff considers the patient first and I feel secure and cared for just being a part of her practice. I have been around the block with Dr.s quite a bit in my life , and with Dr. Bonheur handling my medical well-being, I don't feel like she considers me as just another senior citizen , I feel like she sees me as an active , productive woman with a lot yet to do. That, along with her amazing medical skill and knowledge is her gift to her patients. I am confident that Dr Bonheur will help me to stay healthy, well and have a long and healthy life in the years ahead. It doesn't get better than that !!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

When my friend raved that Dr. Bonheur was the best doctor she'd ever met I thought it was hyperbole her comments didn't do Dr. Bonheur justice. I echo the other writers here--would that we could clone her. At a time when doctors barely spend five minutes with you, typically in the most impersonal way, Dr. Bonheur is a throw back to a time when doctors really could be viewed as healers. She spent 30 minutes with me for a simple pre-colonoscopy consultation really talking with me. Further, Dr. Bonheur combines her readily evident intellect with warmth, compassion and gentleness that give one full confidence in her abilities. The reality, no one likes to have a colonoscopy but if you need a gastroenterologist she is THE doctor to see. In a word--exceptional.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

All the reviews written about Dr. Bonheur on this site state the absolute truth. I only wish that I could clone her so that every doctor in Manhattan (and many that I have seen)both male and female could be like her. She is thorough, very intelligent, extremely compassionate, kind, actually believes you without judging and is just an all around fantastic doctor and wonderful person. I have a couple things going on health wise, and she has treated me extremely well from a GI point of view as well as listened about my other issues. She is also not an alarmist, talks to you in a soothing manner and puts you at ease which is the kind of doctor I require for my personality. Dr. Bonheur is an absolute gem.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Bonheur is without a doubt one of the best doctors I've ever been privileged to see: brilliant, kind, compassionate, patient, and meticulous. Her book knowledge, which is comprehensive and detailed, is matched by her procedural skills. She should get a Noble Prize in colonoscopies. I know many people are suspect of online reviews, thinking the writer may be a friend or relative of the subject, but I can assure I was professionally recommended to Dr. Bonheur, met her once at her office and then had my procedure. I will be using her for any other gastroenterological concerns that may arise. And the Endoscopy Center is new, spotless, with a competent and friendly staff. My colonoscopy turned out to be a pleasure.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Jennifer L. Bonheur's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal