Ratings for Dr. Lee N. Metchick

I have been a patient of Dr. Metchick in the Lake Mary office for the past 5 years. Dr. Metchick and his staff are great. They are always willing to help me. It is one of the doctors that you don't mind going to. They are very prompt with my appt.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

DR.METCHICK HIS APPROACH ON TREATING PTS. IS BEYOND AMAZING. HE TAKES EACH INDIVIDUAL CASE AND MAKE A PLAN THAT FITS THE PTS NEEDS AND HE ALSO MAKES SURE U UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. HE IS NEVER IN A RUSH HE IS VERY CARING.I HAD TO DO ANOTHER BIOPSY AND HE DID IT WITH NO PAIN MEDS AND NUMBNESS HE WAS DONE AND I DIDNT EVEN NOTICED. I WAS SO SCARED BECAUSE OF MY PREVIOUS BIOPSY WAS A NIGHTMARE. HE NEVER HURT ME HIS STAFF IS JUST AS CARING AS HE IS .THEY ARE AN AMAZING TEAM AND IM GRATEFUL HE IS ON MY SIDE THRU THIS JOURNEY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE IN NEED OF A ENDOCRINOLOGIST.I AM PLEASED I FOUND HIM I DRIVE OVER AN HOUR TO SEE THIS AMAZING DR. THANK U 2 HIM AND HIS STAFF I CAN NOT WORRY AS MUCH CAUSE THEY ARE SO POSITIVE AND UPLIFTING PPL. BLESSED TO BE WITH THIS AMAZING DR.. HE HAS MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE NO MATTER THE OUTCOME BY HIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PATIENT CARE. MUCH LOVE ALWAYS

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

Dr. Metchick did not even say hello to me when he first popped into the room and instead barked something about another patient to the other staff member. He quickly left again and then came back in, still talking about the other patient including information about the patient's medical condition (HIPAA violation). He finally looked at me, said hello, and then performed my biopsy. He continued to talk about the other patient while performing my biopsy. He sounded frustrated with how the patient was not accepting of his assessment or recommendation. Unfortunately I am still going to have to come back to Dr. Metchick for my biopsy results, but if there is no sign of improvement in his patient care, I definitely plan to go elsewhere for a second opinion and/or follow up appointments. I am sad that this doctor was recommended to me and I'll be letting the referring doctor know about my experience.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I feel totally comfortable with Dr. Metchick and his staff and they have improved my health immensely.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Great experience. Dr. Metchick and his staff are friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They listen and don't over-evaluate. Having had a bad experience with another endocrinologist, i was fearful and distrustful. Dr. Metchick and his staff alleviated my worries and made me feel comfortable and safe. Worth the drive!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Okay, Dr, Metchick is now having people come on here as damage control and write reviews. My review is based on experience and a real warning to people considering going to this doctor. I was a very loyal patient for years and trusted this man to care for some serious conditions. I gave this Doctor recommendations and feel bad as so many people returned to those offices unhappy. I NEVER missed an appointment, please read peoples reviews before commenting and responding. His office was unavailable and didn't answer the phone nor return calls to people. Then charged people for not rescheduling in time(within 24 hours even though they were unavailable).If I or anyone misses an appointment, I agree a fee would be appropriate. He treats his patients like family?!?! he is rude, arrogant, and truly somewhere else in his head while addressing patients. He will just out of nowhere yell to his nurse and give her orders about other patients in the middle of your visit. Not once but multiple times. I question your legitimacy as a real Pharm rep as most don't speak highly of him and laugh that unless your young, pretty or got speaking incentives don't bother. Along with what I have personally witnessed in the office makes your review suspicious . The 21 year old who just had a baby. Don't get too confident as he could turn on you on a dime. He is an egomaniac and if he perceives you to do or say something that offends offends him or challenges his authority your gone. You may be surprised one day when you request to speak with him and he wont call you back or answer Emails. I knew him for 10 years and he all of the sudden wouldn't call me back. He allowed a nit wit billing manager to call his patient and speak rudely to them. She then tried to send a few erroneous bills. I went to a lawyer and he was ready to counter if she continued with that billing non-sense. I am here being honest as I have seen a lot in 10 years and he is not this wonderful caring man you are describing. I truly believe these reviews are from his him, his wife, and/or staff.Don't be fooled . I was actually a patient. And feel bad enough for the people that were recommended to him by me.

Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Metchick is the type of doctor that seems to have gone by the wayside. Dr. Metchick has been my endocrinologist for appox. three years now and I always leave feeling that I am the only patient in his office. His demeanor and bed side manner is calm, caring positive and personal. I went in to get 4 biopsy's done on my neck and was a nervous wreck, by the time I was laying down ready to get the biopsy, the doctor and nurse had me laughing out loud. He is extremely intelligent, compassionate and caring, Dr. Metchick has my total loyalty as a patient and I would recommend him to anyone that needs a great doctor that takes time to listen, problem solve, is quick and efficient and really cares about you as a patient.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I thought Dr. Lee N. Metchick was a wonderful, caring and very knowledgeable. His staff was very caring and efficient. I thought my biopsy was done with care and the procedure was not uncomfortable. I wish all Doctors were like Dr. Lee Metchick and he has very wonderful and caring staff. I am having another biopsy and I am not nervous at all. Sincerely, Deb A.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Please don't make the mistake of creating a relationship with this Doctor! I see reviews describing this wonderful and caring Doctor? That is Not Lee Metchick! Don't be fooled by friends ,family and possibly him posting those positive reviews. This Doctor came into the Lake Mary area in a time where there was one Endocrinologist Dr. Ansara whom was having health problems and had difficulty seeing patients .By default, a huge amount of patients were directed his way. He is absolutely all about money and Ego. This man only hires very timid females for his staff that bow down when he walks by, laugh at his dry sense of humor jokes and stroke his ego. His goal is volume, He sees patients every few visits whether their condition/Disease is controlled or not. Your Doctor has NOT referred you to a Physicians Assistant, or a nurse! you were referred to see a specialist in endocrinology. If the disease is under control and a quick visit for scripts etc is needed that would be okay, But you will see A Physicians assistants whom he allows to diagnose and treat your uncontrolled disease more than you see him! You can complain and sometimes they will just be rude and say this is how we run our office. Or perhaps they will tell you that they will put in your chart that you request to only see the doctor. Next visit you will be taken back and the Physicians assistant will enter for your appointment. You will spend a good amount of your appointments with feeling awkward waiting for him to address your situation as he is giving directions to his employees about other patients. You will also sit uncomfortably as he puts on a show for the pretty young female pharmaceutical reps,The gentleman reps didn't seem to get an invite back to speak with him? they left samples at the counter and left, When you call the office rarely will you be able to speak to someone as you need to learn to leave a message and hope they call you back. Yet if you don't speak to someone in the appropriate time frame they bill you for not cancelling more than 24 hours. Doesn't matter they are unavailable. Dr. Metchick will give your contact information to companies doing studies. They will call and even say they got your information from Lee metchick!! I guess Hippa laws don' apply to this Doctor? Prescriptions: Doctor metchick has a reputation of writing prescriptions for the pharmaceutical companies that pay him to be a speaker for them. Is that in your best interest as a patient? shouldn't it be the drug best for you and your condition? I saw Dr. Metchick for almost 10 years. I gave his card to my other physicians as people were looking for an endocrinologist in the area.Many people returned to these offices with very bad experiences at Dr. Metchicks office. I actually defended him to my doctors as I didn't realize it was as bad as they were telling him. UNTIL I called for three days straight ,several times per day trying to reschedule an appointment. When I arrived fort the rescheduled appointment I was told I must pay a $55.00 no show fee BEFORE I could see the NURSE(not even the doctor but a nurse).I disputed this charge and was turned away/denied treatment! I called the office the following day and requested for Dr. Metchick to call me back.I had been going to him for almost 10 years and I felt I knew him enough to speak with him about this misunderstanding. He refused to call me back. I then repeatedly Emailed him with No reply. I then receive a bill with the $55.00 no show fee with an additional $55.00 fee for the day I was turned away.refused treatment! lol. I Emailed the billing girl and ask for Dr. metchick to please call and she returns my phone call. After being spoken to in a very rude/demeaning fashion, I plainly ask her to please have Dr. Metchick call me.She then calls me back and said" I spoke to Dr. Metchick and he will waive the $110.00 of fees(gee thanks doctor, lol) but you are no longer a patient! what?!?! After 10 years I had been loyal, referred patients including family(who also thinks he is an arrogant jerk) ,defended the guy to my other Doctors.He couldn't even return my phone call and allowed a very rude and unprofessional office person to call his patient. Just my experience as well as what I have heard from many many others. Your health is too valuable and he doesn't care!! I have never heard of so many patients being dropped from a practice? Not the norm, So don't even start a relationship with this Bad Doctor.Also,he never did get my or my family members disease under control, primary care physicians intervened in both cases changing /adding meds and recommended we don't return based on all patient feedback and results.

Submitted September 23, 2015

Completely incompetent and unwilling to maintain a current knowledge of his specialty or any medicine at all. One of the worst physicians in the country. He is too busy trying to feed his ego than actually practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015