Ratings for Dr. Lee N. Metchick

This place is horrible all they care about is money. they called me short notice to schedule an appt said they had a cancellation. She said she would send me the information in an email I never received anything. Got to the appt anyway and they asked for my co pay. I realized I had forgotten about it and only had twenty instead of forty. Asked if I could do the appt then run and get cash and bring it back leaving collateral there. They said no. I just got a bill in the mail for being a no show. I would not recommend this place at all, they obviously do not care about their potential patients and only care about money. I drove 45 minutes to get to this appt on short notice. Find a different dr.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2019

The appointment scheduling procedure for this doctor is horrific. You will be lucky to be seen in months. I was told that a 2 month wait was considered a good turn around for this office. You are required to run the gauntlet before you are given the privilege of an making an appointment. All of your new patient information, referral and medical records, and copies of your insurance must be given up front before they will schedule for an appointment. If something they require is missing, you go into limbo status until you call and inquire about the possibility of an appointment. Only then you are informed about what is holding up the appointment scheduling. Once you have complied with all of the requirements, then and only then will you have the opportunity to see a medical provider (usually the practitioner) and give this business your money. Sadly, Endocrinology of Central Florida scheduling department is not customer friendly.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. Metchick in the Lake Mary office for the past 5 years. Dr. Metchick and his staff are great. They are always willing to help me. It is one of the doctors that you don't mind going to. They are very prompt with my appt.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

DR.METCHICK HIS APPROACH ON TREATING PTS. IS BEYOND AMAZING. HE TAKES EACH INDIVIDUAL CASE AND MAKE A PLAN THAT FITS THE PTS NEEDS AND HE ALSO MAKES SURE U UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. HE IS NEVER IN A RUSH HE IS VERY CARING.I HAD TO DO ANOTHER BIOPSY AND HE DID IT WITH NO PAIN MEDS AND NUMBNESS HE WAS DONE AND I DIDNT EVEN NOTICED. I WAS SO SCARED BECAUSE OF MY PREVIOUS BIOPSY WAS A NIGHTMARE. HE NEVER HURT ME HIS STAFF IS JUST AS CARING AS HE IS .THEY ARE AN AMAZING TEAM AND IM GRATEFUL HE IS ON MY SIDE THRU THIS JOURNEY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANYONE IN NEED OF A ENDOCRINOLOGIST.I AM PLEASED I FOUND HIM I DRIVE OVER AN HOUR TO SEE THIS AMAZING DR. THANK U 2 HIM AND HIS STAFF I CAN NOT WORRY AS MUCH CAUSE THEY ARE SO POSITIVE AND UPLIFTING PPL. BLESSED TO BE WITH THIS AMAZING DR.. HE HAS MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE NO MATTER THE OUTCOME BY HIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND PATIENT CARE. MUCH LOVE ALWAYS

flag | Submitted March 5, 2019

Dr. Metchick did not even say hello to me when he first popped into the room and instead barked something about another patient to the other staff member. He quickly left again and then came back in, still talking about the other patient including information about the patient's medical condition (HIPAA violation). He finally looked at me, said hello, and then performed my biopsy. He continued to talk about the other patient while performing my biopsy. He sounded frustrated with how the patient was not accepting of his assessment or recommendation. Unfortunately I am still going to have to come back to Dr. Metchick for my biopsy results, but if there is no sign of improvement in his patient care, I definitely plan to go elsewhere for a second opinion and/or follow up appointments. I am sad that this doctor was recommended to me and I'll be letting the referring doctor know about my experience.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2018

I feel totally comfortable with Dr. Metchick and his staff and they have improved my health immensely.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Great experience. Dr. Metchick and his staff are friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They listen and don't over-evaluate. Having had a bad experience with another endocrinologist, i was fearful and distrustful. Dr. Metchick and his staff alleviated my worries and made me feel comfortable and safe. Worth the drive!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Okay, Dr, Metchick is now having people come on here as damage control and write reviews. My review is based on experience and a real warning to people considering going to this doctor. I was a very loyal patient for years and trusted this man to care for some serious conditions. I gave this Doctor recommendations and feel bad as so many people returned to those offices unhappy. I NEVER missed an appointment, please read peoples reviews before commenting and responding. His office was unavailable and didn't answer the phone nor return calls to people. Then charged people for not rescheduling in time(within 24 hours even though they were unavailable).If I or anyone misses an appointment, I agree a fee would be appropriate. He treats his patients like family?!?! he is rude, arrogant, and truly somewhere else in his head while addressing patients. He will just out of nowhere yell to his nurse and give her orders about other patients in the middle of your visit. Not once but multiple times. I question your legitimacy as a real Pharm rep as most don't speak highly of him and laugh that unless your young, pretty or got speaking incentives don't bother. Along with what I have personally witnessed in the office makes your review suspicious . The 21 year old who just had a baby. Don't get too confident as he could turn on you on a dime. He is an egomaniac and if he perceives you to do or say something that offends offends him or challenges his authority your gone. You may be surprised one day when you request to speak with him and he wont call you back or answer Emails. I knew him for 10 years and he all of the sudden wouldn't call me back. He allowed a nit wit billing manager to call his patient and speak rudely to them. She then tried to send a few erroneous bills. I went to a lawyer and he was ready to counter if she continued with that billing non-sense. I am here being honest as I have seen a lot in 10 years and he is not this wonderful caring man you are describing. I truly believe these reviews are from his him, his wife, and/or staff.Don't be fooled . I was actually a patient. And feel bad enough for the people that were recommended to him by me.

Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Metchick is the type of doctor that seems to have gone by the wayside. Dr. Metchick has been my endocrinologist for appox. three years now and I always leave feeling that I am the only patient in his office. His demeanor and bed side manner is calm, caring positive and personal. I went in to get 4 biopsy's done on my neck and was a nervous wreck, by the time I was laying down ready to get the biopsy, the doctor and nurse had me laughing out loud. He is extremely intelligent, compassionate and caring, Dr. Metchick has my total loyalty as a patient and I would recommend him to anyone that needs a great doctor that takes time to listen, problem solve, is quick and efficient and really cares about you as a patient.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I thought Dr. Lee N. Metchick was a wonderful, caring and very knowledgeable. His staff was very caring and efficient. I thought my biopsy was done with care and the procedure was not uncomfortable. I wish all Doctors were like Dr. Lee Metchick and he has very wonderful and caring staff. I am having another biopsy and I am not nervous at all. Sincerely, Deb A.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015