Ratings for Dr. Tiffany Ramsey

Dr Ramsey has seen me through two awesome pregnancies (4 years ago and 12 mo ago) , and currently with the third. She is always willing to answer any questions I have, and is very straight forward, which I respect immensely. There were potential issues with my second pregnancy and with the current pregnancy, and Dr Ramsey has taken the time to explain every possible outcome. Both of my others were csections, and the surgery and recovery went very well. I recommend Dr Ramsey often and think she is a wonderful Doctor and person.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I wish there were more rating dials, like overall job and such. I really liked Dr. Ramsey. She was my OBGYN during my pregnancy two years ago. She was always on time, was really helpful and such. Sometimes she seemed kind of rushed, but if I had questions, she answered and explained pretty awesomely. The problems I had were during my stay in the hospital. I had to be "induced." I regret this and think it shouldn't have happened. Dr. Ramsey suggested inducing me just at a week late. The medicine the nurses put me on sent me into constant contractions because they gave me too much and I was in constant pain without any subsiding. I ended up having an epidural, despite my want to have a natural birth because of this intense pain. I expected pain, but not continuously for hours without breaks in between contractions while the pain was worsened by medicine. During this time, I didn't see Dr. Ramsey at all. I didn't see her until they decided the baby was coming. When I did see her, I pushed for two hours and she then decided that I had to have a c-section. She didn't try any means to get my son out with any of the available technology (forceps, her HANDS, etc.) and threw me into the operating room. Obviously, this COMPLETELY chucked my natural birth out the window and I didn't really get a choice on the matter. It was like she just wanted to be done with it and was rushing. My son was delivered healthy and safe. She stitched me back up and off I went after two or three days in the hospital recovering. I didn't see Dr. Ramsey again, but I DID see a large host of nurses, all who were different every day of the four/five days I was there. They switched twice a day and I saw only one nurse twice. They had students come in and observe catheter inserting and removal when I wasn't really coherent enough to make a choice on whether I was okay with that, because of medicine and the lingering numbness of the surgery. Two years later, here I am. I have this odd dip in my lower stomach. It looks like when Dr. Ramsey stitched me up, she stitched too much of me up and it just looks awful. The scar is small, but that means nothing to me since my lower stomach is deformed and I get pains around the scar, which I'd assumed was because it was a big surgery, but am coming to think it's due to the tight stitching. I'm also still numb in places, which I'd expected, but I didn't expect to poke the middle of my scar and a small portion of my left side to go numb and tingle. That doesn't make sense. Overall, I probably won't go back to Dr. Ramsey. Or Johnston Willis for that matter. I'm not impressed with how Dr. Ramsey handled my situation (rushed into inducing, rushed into a c-section, stitched me up too tight) and I disliked the rapid changes of nurses I never saw again and the overall blatant disregard for how I felt or didn't feel due to my medicines. The hospital is nice and Dr. Ramsey is a sweet woman, but I just wasn't impressed with her job.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Was looking for a new OB/GYN and Dr. Ramsey was a referral from a friend. Pap smear/wellness appt went well. But since I had profuse bleeding due to fibroids, I asked for an ultrasound scan (2nd appt). The ultrasound tech was unfriendly - all business. When I met with Dr. R, she was very adamant and I mean VERY aggressive in wanting me to get the Da Vinci procedure. When I asked for a copy of my ultrasound scan, she REFUSED and said, "OH NO, WE NEED TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL IN OUR OFFICE." I was shocked since as a patient, I have the RIGHT to all my medical records!! I even asked for a "copy" and again, she refused to give me a copy of my ultrasound. That drew a red flag for me. Obviously, she didn't want me to seek a second consult. In the end, I sought 2 other opinions and it turned out the Da Vinci procedure was NOT the procedure for me. For paps/wellness appts, Dr. R will do the job; however, for more extensive problems, I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Ramsey is awesome and her staff. She makes me feel very comfortable and is generally concerned about my well being. She saw me regularly for my recent pregnancy with my son now 14mos. I recently had my PAP, her attitude and friendliness is better than most. I look forward to the next baby with her assistance happy healthy and whole.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Ramsey delivered my son 3 years ago and to this day If I have friends or family looking for a OBGYN I recommend Dr. Ramsey. She was amazing throughout the entire pregnancy, always took time to answer any questions or concerns that I had. She always answered my questions in a way that I could understand, without being rude or arrogant. My only complaint that I ever had was one of the nurses during my delivery wasn't very friendly and seemed to just rush through my blood work. I believe she ended up poking me about three times before she could get my IV in and was very rough. Overall I wouldn't have done anything differently. When we decide to try for baby number two I will most definitely go back back to Dr.Ramsey. =)

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Absolutely adore Dr. Ramsey! She took amazing care of me while I went through two miscarriages. Her level of care for me was unforgettable. As I was being prepped for surgery, the pain from the medically induced labor was excruciating, Dr. Ramsey came in to check on me and was determined at that time to get me back asap due to my pain. Surgery went well! I have and will continue to recommend this doctor to ANY women looking for a GYN. Thank you Dr. T. Ramsey!!!!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Worst experience! i had an emergency and she was the on call Dr. she talked so rudely to me. I had a bad pregnancy and kept losing weight. She paid no attention to my complaints and symptons and I ended up becoming hospitalized. Thank God I have a new doctor. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

Love her as my doctor!! She delivered my daughter and I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Excellent doctor. She knows what she's talking about. I have been blessed with two children and she was there through both pregnancies. She delivered my son as well. She will answer all questions and doesn't rush on to the next patient until you have all of your questions answered. You don't feel like a number, but a human. She was always flexible around my schedule as well which made it very convenient, especially since I drive over an hour each way to see her. I'm surprised by the other reviews and that she only had 2.5 stars. That is why I'm writing this. Dr. Ramsey is a GREAT doctor!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Terrible bedside manner and misdiagnosed me THREE TIMES! Yes, I was unfortunate enough to have to see her on call three different times, and was misdiagnosed all three times. She was extremely rude and arrogant with little patience. Thinks she is better than she is, clearly. I complained to my regular doc in the practice, who admitted I was not the first to complain about her....

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

Dr. Tiffany Ramsey's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company