Ratings for Dr. Maria T. Vargas

Trying to find her new office anyone know where she went?

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

TTL thyroidectomy patient who found Dr. did not practice modern medicine or run complete blood work panels. Unacceptable.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

But where is Dr Vargas. She left Physicians Regional and we want to find her. Did she retire? She is the best.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

My husband is very picky about his doctors and he loved her. Listened very patiently to him and his symptoms including his diabetes history. Ran new blood tests before rushing into changing his meds like his primary doctor wanted to. Very pleased with the results of his visits. Will continue on with her as soon as she gets a new office.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I had a very difficult time understanding her. She has a strong accent. I could not tell when she was saying "tired" or "thyroid". and I work in retail and I'm very good at understanding accents. She had to repeat herself many times although I was listening very closely. I didn't feel she was interested in my opinion on anything. When I asked to have my hormones checked she dismissed my concerns and said, "Why would I test you? You are post-menopausal. I know your estrogen would be low."End of subject. I repeated some info I got from Oprah and Dr. Oz about depression caused by low estrogen. She was not interested and recommended a psychiatrist. I'll have the bloodwork done to check my thyroid but I doubt I'll stay with this doctor. I need someone with an open mind who I can talk to.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Saw Dr Vargas after a bad experience at Dr Anksh practice and was very happy with her. Only wish she did labs at her office. She seems very knowledgeable and caring. She also took her time explaining my thyroid condition. I would recommend her to anyone with a thyroid condition.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

While this Dr. does take the time needed to talk to patients, I am not sure she is so upto date on everything. I was Dx'd w/ Hashimoto thyroiditis, and this autoimmune disease DOES make you gain weight, and have fatigue. She denies this stating that is not true. I am still not feeling "right" & she is very unwilling to LISTEN to what i am saying, and is very unwilling to try different approaches to different medications to see what is right and works for me. This DR. is set in her ways and it is her way or no way, NOT what i want in a Dr. Bottom line we are our own advocates and we know when something is just not right and i will be seeking a Dr. who will at least be willing to listen to different alternatives.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Caring and thoughtful. Listens to you what you say.. Stays with you for as long as you need her.. Stays within her appointment schedule. Requests tests only when needed... Reccomends vitamins/herbs as a substitute for drugs.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007