Ratings for Dr. Perry N. Mandanis

Had terrible experiences all around with this man. Will treat anyone like a child, will not respect and work with your opinions, uses many meaningless and unhelpful scientific analogies, and is generally very judgmental and rigid. His strategy is unlike any I've encountered so far: not helping me as a patient, but instead giving me an ultimatum or "there's nothing else I can do for you", which is a dubious thing to say to a suicidal patient. Overall I cant see any positive effects from seeing this psychiatrist besides having my existing prescriptions renewed, which could've been done by any physician. He instead wasted months I could've spent searching for a better psychiatrist. Far worse than the other 4 I have been to in the past.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Perry is a very gifted counselor. Don't go to him if you don't want to be challenged - he will push you - all for the good. He is amazing with kids - I've done individual and groups meetings with him. I have been to three or four counselors - he is heads and tails above the others. His very full schedule will tell you that not all of his patients think of him like those offering comments on this site.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

My daughter had been to several psychiatrists who misdiagnosed her condition. Dr. Mandanis spent time with her and sorted out her very complex history to discover that she had Bipolar Disorder. Once she was on the appropriate medications, it was like a miracle happened and I got my wonderful daughter back! Thank you for all of your help.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

This is one of the most critical and unprofessional physicians that I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with. He did not listen to what I said and instead was angry and judgemental. In the end he began to shout at me. The experience left me confused and depressed. It is still a painful memory. I cannot imagine how anyone could possible find him to be helpful. My own advice would be to run not walk out of his office if you value your mental health.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2009

down to earth, easy to talk to and most likly saved my like

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Perry N. Mandanis's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1986)

• Blue Cross Of California