Ratings for Dr. Katherine R. Caldwell

Terrible terrible doctor. Arrogant, unsympathetic & failed to address the reason for my appointment. Instead discussed my weight in a condescending, insulting tone. Heartless robot of a "doctor".

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I like this office a lot but unfortunately did not have a good experience with Dr. Caldwell. My doctor is away and so when I was sick, I had to see Dr. Caldwell. She seemed more interested in talking about my weight problems than in why I was there. Any time I tried to change the subject, she found a way to get back to my weight. She also implied that I was creating an unhealthy environment for my children (who are actually slightly UNDERweight) without asking me anything about our meals, etc. Nevermind the fact that I am a recovering anorexic/bulimic - she would have seen that had she bothered to look at my chart. At the end, she again said I should see a dietician and wanted to print out a pamphlet. Yes, I'm overweight. However I'm about 60 pounds overweight,it's not like I'm in imminent danger. Plus, I exercise 5 days/week and I have a thyroid disorder. All things she never bothered to ask about or wanted to discuss. This doctor clearly has a prejudice and an agenda.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I saw this doctor only once and I will never see her again. Caldwell didn't even look at my chart and had no knowledge of my previous medical history even though I had been seen by her colleague in the same office before she left. The only medical act she did was to listen to my heart for about 15 seconds. The rest of the time she was either running out of the room to talk to a nurse about another (non-emergency) patient or pushing her own agenda to get my stomach stapled -- AFTER I told her 3 times I would lose weight another way. Even my normally very patient husband, who was with me at the time, remarked how unprofessional she acted and what a waste of time the visit had been. So don't bother with this doctor. She doesn't listen, doesn't answer your questions, doesn't do much, and is rather cold and uncaring.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Saw this doc after many months on Intermed waiting list. She is only part time and seemed somewhat bored - never looked at my records prior to seeing me. Going back to Mercy.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I am so fortunate to have found Dr. Caldwell. She listened to me, and has helped me a great deal in ths short time I have had her as my PCP. My last experience with my doctor almost scared me away completely. Dr. Caldwell renewed my faith in medicine, and has helped me deal with some very serious medical issues that were carelessly missed before. I am so fortunate to have her.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

She was bright, personable and absolutely delightful. This was my first visit, as I was referred to her, and was pleasantly surprised. I had a sinus infection and needed to see her asap, and they got me in to see her within 2 hours.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

This Doc's bedside manner left much to be desired. I don't think she even glanced at my previous records before seeing me and she wasn't a great listener. Also, I was handed several forms, including a medical history form, to fillout by the receptionist....she said the doc would take it when I got in the room but the doc didn't even look at it...In fact the doc left the room after my exam and my forms were just laying there on the table. She doesn't seem like she knew what she was doing and offered little help or suggestions. I will not be going back to this doc.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

Dr. Katherine R. Caldwell's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 2004)