Ratings for Dr. Ric E. Jensen

Dr. Ric Green was the doctor on call both times my husband had complications from his surgery to remove a brain tumor. He was very rude on the phone and argued with me about the urgenCy of getting him to the hospital. Both times he had emergency surgery with the last ending with meningitis and taking his life. He showed no compassion durine this time and was very cold when telling us he was not going to make it saying, "I do not sugar coat things." He also is not punctual and when my husband was in excruciating pain it took him 2 1/2 hours to answer his page too give orders to the nurses. The nurses were beside themselves trying to get my husband pain medications.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I was very impressed with Dr Jensen and would recommend him to anyone, he was very personable and very knowledgeable, he took the time to really explain in laymen terms what the surgery would entail and afterwards did follow ups daily at the hospital and regular there after until fully healed. He has a super bedside manner and is very open to questions and suggestions. He takes his time to allow you to fully understand your situation .. again, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Try getting Dr. Jensen to return our phone calls after your surgery. His office staff is mean and unprofessional. He may be a good surgeon but has not a clue when it comes to after care and when things do not turn out according to plan. Beware.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Dr. Ric Jensen was the surgeon that did my spinal fusion. I was very amazed by how he himself returned my calls before the surgery, he visited with me before & after my surgery in the hospital, answered all my husband's & my questions, most before we asked them. Told me exactly what my options were and what would be done. All my appt's were easy to make and I didn't have long waiting times. When he was unable to be there he made sure I knew which Dr. was going to be there for me. He treats you like a person not a number. He showed me my x-rays & explained anything I asked about them. All Doctors should be more like Dr. Jensen.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Very knowlegeable, does not talk down to you. Makes sure you understand all aspects of your problem. Great surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. Ric E. Jensen's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)