Ratings for Dr. E. DOROTHY Plonka

This doctor and her staff treated me very poorly. If I could give them "no stars" I would.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I recently visited Dr. Plonka for Pre-op. This was the first time and hopefully the last for me. She kept telling me she only had 15 minutes for me and if I wanted to ask her any questions that I would have to schedule another appointment. I was considering having her for my family doctor as I'm new in the area but This experience with her certainly made me change my mind on that.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I had three problems that I wanted to discuss with her and when she came into the office, I told her that and she said to me "I'm running behind and am very busy......pick one problem and make another appointment!! In 5 minutes she was out the door!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I was going to Dr Plonka for years before loosing my job and not having insurance so didn't see her for about 6 years. i recently went back to her and I was so dissappointed. i tried to tell her i was perhaps going through pre menopause, and she just told me to stop whinning and played a finger violin in front of me. I was not offended however she insisted I go on some sort of Progesterone which I told her I did not take prescription drugs nor wanted to start. I am a more hollistic or natural medicines and she laughed and thought I was ridiculous. Needless to say I took the meds for 30 days ony, it was suppose to jump start my body however I have not been the same since nor going back to her again. Totally disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

This Doctor needs to go to a help class!! I went to her for migraines... she gave me fioricet for a few months, then, in one visit told me if I don't start taking prozac she was not going to write my script for fioricet... I walked out, found another doctor and am on no "extra" meds!!! Huge difference between fioricet and prozac!!! GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Plonka for about 10 years. I think she is an excellent doctor who really seems caring and helpful. She even remembers details about you, even if you only go once a year for a physical. Very good bedside manner and efficient staff!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Exceptional doctor! It took me several years to find a primary doctor who helps the patient find the best medical option without bombarding me with medications/side effects and more problems. I adore Dr. Plonka for her knowledge, professionalism and overall ability to help me find some holistic/natural options to some common medical issues. She has been my doctor for over 15 years! Kudos to my Dr. Plonka.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Dr. Plonka has been my primary physician for 7 years. She is understanding and caring and listens to her patients' needs and symptoms. She is attentive and doesn't just treat the symptom -- she treats the person. I have been very happy with her and actually changed from another primary care physicial at Diagnostic Clinic to Dr. Plonka when I had an urgent issue that she saw me for. Again, very caring, very attentive and solved my issue. I would recommend Dr. Plonka to anyone who is looking for an attentive and knowledgable physician. Thank you Dr. Plonka for always being there!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr plonka has been my Dr for 5 years now. The first couple times I saw her she was running behind but usually I see here within 15 minutes of arrival. She spends time asking tons of questions to get to a diagnosis and keeps up with your personal life too.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

This woman was terrible and shouldn't even be practicing medicine. My wife went in for severe anxiety and got lectured for 45 mins on the evils of Xanax (which works well for my wife) talked about she should see a shrink, etc..etc.. Finally she wrote a 12 month perscription. The other issue was irritation of the lady-parts. Feminine itch. We explained that it was possible that I might've nicked her with a razor, and she said "What? Can't you shave yourself?" and gave her a ration of crap about that. So finally she drops the bomb on my wife (with significant anxiety issues already) that she must have genital herpes (HERPES!) and while my wife is laying there crying, she proceeds to scrape the heck out of her to send off some "cells" (a hunk of skin) to a lab. We stopped at Walgreen and got an OTC girlie-itch cream that cleared her right up. The test took over a week and she was freaking the whole time. The results were negative. Plonka is a frickin' idiot and needs fired.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Dr. E. DOROTHY Plonka's Credentials

• Akademia Med W Warszawie, Warszawa, Poland (Grad. 1981)

HealthPartners