Ratings for Dr. Lyle G. Walsh

Treats patient health secondary to his own ego. Wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Great office staff. WORST doctor I've ever seen. Unprofessional, sarcastic, and dismissive. While waiting for him to come in, I heard him speaking pejoratively of other patients while in the hallway.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

1st visit was overall a good experience. The second visit will be in 4 or 5 weeks. We shall see how it goes.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Mixed, Sometimes On The Mark, Sometimes In Left Field

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

He changed meds that other drs. prescribed (from MUSC) that caused me to have MAJOR ramifications that interacted with other existing medications. When I went back to him he seemed to take no responsibility as to the cause and effect of the drug interactions. In fact, he told me to up one of my meds (in spite of the fact that another specialist told me to not let another dr. change my dosage). I don't have any faith in him and will not return. Very sad about this since we started out so well! As another patient mentioned, Dr. Walsh is an academician...I prefer someone who has hands-on experience and works well with his colleagues.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

In a big hurry. Did not answer my questions. Left and never came back Bunny

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. Walsh is very knowledgeable,but he can be Extremely Rude and He Flip Flops on what medicines should be taken and not taken He lied in the biggest way by telling me it was a federal law and he could lose his License if he were to continue to prescribe me a non-narcotic pain reliever, and put me on a narcotic pain reliever. He did not recommend slowly stopping the medicatioin, but just to stop suddenly. I ended up having horrible withdrawl side effects, therefore, I did it on my own. He has told me to stop a medication another doctor has put me on, the other dr told me it was important for me to remain on this medication. My problem is if I change drs i have to see one of the other drs in the same office. So, be mindful and know what is going on with your own body and illness by arming yourself with information on your particular condition.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Look at his bio. Spent lots of time in academia. If you want your hand help go somewhere else. If you are intelligent and want someone to teach you how to understand what is going on in your body he is perfect! Like most geniuses he is a little weird but knowing how all the pieces fit and what I can and cannot do is worth understanding him too.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Very direct, but very thorough. Very intelligent, and willing to work with you if you aren't shy. If you are looking to be coddled and lied to, he is not your man. If you are looking to take a proactive approach to your health and are willing to listen to his advice you could not find a better doctor in my opinion. He's good.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

All he cared about was to quit smoking. I reported a lump in my breast and he told me to come back in 4 months when my insurance would cover a full physical. I found another Dr. and had breast cancer, that was 4 months out of my life.I was very upset with him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr. Lyle G. Walsh's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in North Charleston, SC