Dr. Philip D Korenman

Ratings for Dr. Philip D Korenman

Dr. Korenman is very nice, but just doesn't seem to keep up with the latest pharmacopsychiatry; I'm a fairly new patient and feel he's a little behind the times.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Korenman is one of the best psychiatrists I have ever used. I'd highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Korenman for many years. While he is intelligent, he is reluctant to keep up with the most up to date advances in psychiatry. He sticks to what he knows and does not do what may be best for the patient. He would rather stay in his own comfort zone. He is also very unprofessional as he uses his receptionist, Sonia, to communicate with me about my medication and issues. She is not a nurse or medical professional and should not be privy to my medical history, etc. It is pathetic on Dr. Korenman's part to use his receptionist to communicate with me. He is the doctor, after all. I have been seeing him for many years, but am I going to look for a new doctor, because he continues to communicate with me, his patient, through Sonia. I cannot respect him or keep him as my physician because of this.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

New office help disaster. Left to move away, then came back to be patient again. Needed just 8 simple pills to bridge my prescription to get to appointment date. Office would not do and most likely would not even get message to Dr. Korenman. Was patient for YEARS and to be done this way is reprehensible. 8 simple days of simple depression med and won't do to get me to my appointment. Will never use again or recommend if they cannot even make sure a patient of years is covered.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Korenman is VERY knowledgable about psychopharmacology, and since I've moved I am learning that this is all too rare. He takes the time to communicate not only with his patients but also with their therapists, which gives him a clearer picture of his patients' symptoms than psychiatrists who only deal with their patients have. He is consistently thorough and caring in his quiet, professional way. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Korenman should have his medical license revoked. All he cares about is money and his "status" in the medical world. I have visited and witnessed his wife going through patient records. I even overheard him talking to his office manager Amy about a patient's session. He is completely untrustworthy. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Korenman nor will I EVER go back to his office.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr. Korenman is a wonderful doctor. He has helped me very much. He is also very knowledgeable about medications. He's very professional.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

Dr. Korenman is a wonderful doctor who is patient and caring. My only complaint is that he isn't always up on the latest research and doesn't always seem to know what he's doing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I really like Dr.Korenman. He is very nice and is easy to talk to. He's helped me alot.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Korenman is the best overall psychiatrist I have ever met, in any setting. He is 1) thoughtful and well-spoken; 2) has a quiet, appropriate sense of humor; 3) is _very_ highly thought of by colleagues, directly and by word-of-mouth, 4) deeply cares for the well-being of his patients; 5) has a fantastic memory for details and pharmacology; 6) and will take the time needed to ensure a complete assessment and answer any questions; 7) takes the necessary time communicating with his patients' other doctors to ensure that they are in the loop. *NB: If only more insurance companies would work with him! He will not sign contracts with insurance companies who demand he limit his time with patients to 15 min/session.* It's expensive at face, but with 30-45min sessions and fewer resulting visits needed, Dr. K pays for himself doubly. Another way of looking at it: those who see counselors have more sessions available under their insurance per year, and have a better psychiatrist to boot.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Dr. Philip D Korenman's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 77550 (Grad. 1982)

Delta Dental