Ratings for Dr. Chris Montgomery

Excellent doctor, been with him for few years for multiple children.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

Best pediatrician ever. Spent close to 8 years wirh his office and he was extremely knowledgeable about several medical issues, great resource of information and referrals and didn't immediately prescribe any medication that wasn't necessary and after extensive testing. He's kind and thoughtful which makes kids feel at ease and has a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

We brought our daughter in from 3-6 months of age for a total of 6 visits. Our daughter had been suffering since birth with GI issues. We could actually hear in little stomach gurgling across the room after feedings, which was not normal in our minds. Although we were not rushed during visits we were not taken seriously and repeatedly told “she will grow out of it” and there were comments made such as “you need to sleep train your baby” and “do you have help at home as stress can rub off on your child”. With a new pediatrician and upon further tests at 9 months, it was discovered our daughter had a hiatal hernia, where her stomach was actually located on the opposite of where it was suppose to be and in her back. Following her upper GI test at Sick Kids, she had surgery 9 days later to end the pain and suffering.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

He is an amazing Dr. He sees both of my kids. One for ADHD and the other for T1D. He's not quick to medicate and does the increases in slow increments. Not only does he listen and support me, he speaks directly to my children with courtesy and respect. Bernadette is also so very helpful when you go into the office or call. He has helped us out immensely. Yes, we are always late getting in on time but I never feel rushed and realize that the patients in front of us received the same quality of care. Therefore, I gave an excellent for punctuality because it's just a none issue. My kid's care is my main focus.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Best DR EVER!!!! He has been so great and helpful and helped my children from day 1 I greatly appreciate what he does to help children

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

A few years back my daughter was diagnosed with juvenile diabetic. We ended up getting Dr Montgomery as her pediatrician, and I know it was a God thing as he was amazing. He took the time to explain so much and get us into the Charles Best center and he stayed on as her Doctor until she was over 18. He even called us once at home before we went on a missions trip to ensure we knew what to do while away.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I brought my son to see Dr. Montgomery for a second opinion for ADHD. I hardly say he is quick to medicate, we meet when him for a consult, then he meet with my son alone and then he meet with me again. He was quite sure if it was adhd and decided to follow up 2 times before confirming adhd. So not quite sure why people say he is quick to medicate, that was not my experience. He was very professional, I felt comfortable as did my son. You can always tell when you have been lucky to find a good doctor for your child, just look at heir wait list. He's got a year wait list and no longer taking referrals for behaviour issues. So there you go! Don't complain about wait times in the waiting room, that's how you know he is helping patients, being thorough, and comforting parents.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr. Montgomery has been incredibly helpful in getting my daughter diagnosed and treated for her health issues. He always gives me time to talk and has never minimized or overlooked my concerns as a mother. He has been open to making referrals and investigating my concerns thoroughly. My daughter's health and wellbeing has improved considerably because of this man. Getting an appointment is certainly difficult at times, however I feel this is a systemic problem and not particularly an issue with his practice or his abilities as a physician.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

The best doctor I've ever had. Took care of both my boys from around 7 to 19. He is easy to talk to, he listens and never rushes you out. I would highly recommend him. He has also returned my calls when I needed to talk to him. He was also instrumental in us being able to obtain help from various agencies for our sons.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr. Montgomery is the best doctor I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, only doctor my son is ever excited to go see! If he took adult patients I would go to him as well

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016