Ratings for Dr. Serge Agafontsev

Interesting read about this doctor. Found guilty of doing unnecessary procedures on patients among other things https://www.cdsbc.org/Public-Protection/public-notification/complaint-and-discipline-notices/sergei-agafontsev

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Dr. Serge and his multilingual staff made me feel welcomed and in safe hands. The moment you walk in to the clinic you feel like home and the anxiety from the upcoming dental work vanishes. They take their time to explain the procedures to you, which is not common among dentists these days. My treatment started with wondeful supportive periodontal treatment specialist Ofelia that made sure I was okay and informed about my oral health, then Dr. Serge stepped in and did a check up and then two fillings. Didnt feel the freezing and never had any sensitivity or pain afterwards either. What else can I wish for?

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

Excellent dentist. Got lots of interesting information and a great implant without graphing, half the cost of a specialist. I am surprised at one star reviews. This is a holistic doctor and he is excellent

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I regret ever coming to this place. I was in constant pain before and after treatment. I found out later from another dentist that a second root canal was not performed even though I was told it was. I was in alot of pain afterwards and eventually i was hospitalized for meningitis infection. I spent six weeks in isolation and I nearly died from this ordeal. After I got out the hospital, I still had to treat the bad tooth that was ignored. I needed the root canal to be done but it would cost me $2000. I had to get the tooth extracted. This has been a tragic episode in my life and the pain endures to this day. If I knew how, I would sue this place.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I cannot recall any dentist that provided such a great treatment, and that found the root of the problem from the first try. I am surprised with the very bad comments I am reading, but hay, I am happy I did go and see him. My teeth were most ready to be extracted and implants placed. I am so great full I found dr. Agafontsev. Thank you and God Bless!

Submitted January 4, 2017

I too WAS a patient of his along with 2 other family members. We all have had problems with his work, mine and my husband's costing thousands to repair at a different dentist. His office never did forward our xrays, always stating printer was out of ink .That alone makes us all wonder . He also chipped one of my back teeth with the air abaration which later led to a root canal and crown, in fact every tooth he worked on needed a crown! He has casued me so much grief that I have a hard time trusting the biological dentist I now see . We will never ever return or recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I have had several dentists in my life, like most of us, I guess, and Dr. Serge's experience and skills make me feel most comfortable and safe. All of the work he's done on my teeth stood the test of time, it's only few years for now, but I wish I found him earlier when I moved to Vancouver. The treatment is as painless and quick as possible, the staff is helpful and knowledgable. The clinic is quite busy, but they would do their best to schedule you the most convenient time. Again, this is very resourceful and experienced doctor, he can offer you a choice of materials and various fixes or techniques for your problem, all according to your preference and budget. I highly recommend Dr. Serge and his clinic.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Worst Dentist I have ever seen. I went to him for dental implants and all seemed fine however he kept refusing to put the crowns on permanently even after 1.5 yrs, he kept saying lets see how it goes and the dental implants have not caused me any issues what so ever. during the procedure I had moved from Vancouver to Bellingham and the drive was very long to go in and see him, but I continued for my appointments and not once did he ever state any issues. I ended up moving about 6 - 7 months after I had last seen him and wanted to get the implants put in permanently and the new dentist called him and he advised my implants have failed??? The new dentists also has never heard of the implants he uses and does not know anyone who is familiar with them. I paid about $9000 for two implants and now he tells the new dentist they failed, but he did not state that to me last time I seen him. This guy is a joke, he should not be a dentist, he is like a back alley dentist, save your money and go elsewhere.

Submitted December 10, 2015

I went to see Dr. Serge Agafontsev earlier this year to have 2 mercury fillings removed and replaced, also to have a filling on a cavity on my lower wisdom tooth. Shortly after the treatments the teeth that he had worked on became very sensitive to hot and cold food, this was never an issue before. I went back to visit him and he filled down my tooth and said the sensitivity should subside within a few weeks, it did not. It now turns out that I am in a great deal of pain as I need 2 root canals, one on my wisdom tooth and another on the tooth which he removed my mercury fillings on. What amazed me is the fact he took x-rays earlier this year and did not notice that my teeth needed a root canal instead of fillings. I would NOT recommend this Dentist, not only did this cost me a great deal of money but also pain as I now need to have 2 root canals and to pay more money to have these treatments with a different dentist. 0/10.

Submitted October 13, 2015

DO NOT GO THIS DENTIST!!!! If you do not believe me, please Google this man's name. He has been investigated and FINED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR IMPROPER PRACTICE!!! I had a terrible experience with him - First, the work he did wasn't proper. My tooth chipped after he touched it. Secondly, he charged me hundreds of dollars more than what was originally quoted! Once I tried to sort out the issue with his staff, they weren't helpful nor do they have someone consistent working the front reception. Even when I asked them to send my dental records so I can switch to another office, they wouldn't respond to emails.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015