Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Matrullo

DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST! Staff is all about how they look and not about the patients. When you open your mouth, he doesn't see teeth, he sees $$$$. Doesn't properly review patient information. Went in with tooth pain and was told the tooth had to be pulled. He neither reviewed my file or asked if I was on blood thinners. After pulling the tooth, the bleeding wouldn't. Just gave me extra cotton and told me it would stop eventually. Had to return to the office to have another dentist in the practice (who's no longer there) stop the bleeding. When the novocaine wore off I still had tooth pain only to find out he pulled the wrong tooth! I called his office when I realized what he did. He yelled at me for not telling him I'm on blood thinners even though it was in my records, said I didn't tell him which tooth needed to be pulled. I told him I was not coming back there for any further dental work and he started yelling at me that I have a mental problem and need to be screened for Alzheimer's Disease. Horrible horrible person!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

DON'T GO TO THIS CROOK! Was told 4 yrs ago by Dr Matrullo that I had 3 cavities. I was untrusting of what he had told me as I had heard horror stories and all he seemed to want is money. I never went back and never had these so called cavities filled. I just went to a new dentist yesterday and they told me I have NO CAVITIES. Even if this man tells you that you have a cavity, beware. What a sad excuse for a dentist....and human being.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Ok I call Saturday with pain in my tooth. I'm asked " is it tooth #19?" They had looked at an x-Ray I had done. Well how do I know where tooth 19 is. Are they numbered on the back? So I end up going in and Dr Matrullo tells me they were watching that tooth. Really? Why didn't he tell me. Ok fine. So it needs a crown because it's cracked and he can't do it today so he brings me to the desk to set up an appointment. Guess when the first available is? September 6th. 5 months away. I'm in pain and I go home and research this. It says if you leave a cracked tooth you could get an infection, need a root canal or lose the tooth. I call Monday and the best they can do is put me on the cancellation list. Ummm, not good enough. If this was his wife, daughter or friend he would not be saying this was ok. So I'm all set. I found another dentist and someone else can have my September spot and wait one less day. He clearly isn't knowledgeable about what can happen if cracks are left for that long and to leave me in pain too. I have a job that pays for me to have benefits that pay his salary. I need to be able to go to work. WAKE UP!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr matrullo is awful. He was so rough with my 5 year old! When he cried, he said " what are you a little girl?" " what's wrong with this kid?"

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Great staff, on time, and they billed my insurance properly. Thank you, Dr. Matrullo. You have a new patient for life.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Very disappointed with this practice! Went in for a problem with a root canal from a previous dentist. Instead of just pulling the tooth, they did exploratory surgery. The doctor over medicated me. I was not told ahead of time what this procedure was for or that they could not submit it to my insurance company. As I was checking out, with the left side of my face and eye totally numb, I was told I owed $200.00 dollars!! I would NEVER have agreed to this. I am on disability. I paid $100.00 but complained about their billing practice! DO NOT GO HERE! Please find a trusted doctor! They also medicated another family member to have a cavity filled. After being already medicated, a doctor came in with the x-rays and told them they HAD NO CAVITIES! They then told him, don't worry we won't charge you today. Ih, great. Hours missed from work and medicated all for no reason.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

He sucks and he's a scam oddest! Ruined my teeth crown after crown filling after filling. Dr miller in Attleboro saved me!!!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Very bad experience. The staff and Doctor are very unfriendly. The doctor is very disorganized when he was fixing my teeth he would throw his tools on my chest, he also seems to be more of a businessman then a doctor. It seems to me that he only cares about money, overall it was my worst experience ever. I don't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

what a terrible experience!!!! no bed side manner. paid 4,000 for work ! afraid to say what work for fear they may monitor the site, i still have to go back because i'm locked in. searching better business bureau to see what recourse i have... find someone else... PLEASE RESEARCH 1ST!!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Terrible practice! The staff is condescending and uncaring during cleanings. They berate patients and lecture while we just sit there with their fingers fumbling in our mouths. Worst is Joseph Matrullo. Cheryl is right. He considers EVERYTHING an issue. If there is an x-ray he will "spot a soft spot". If he inspects a tooth he will claim it "has give". There is no process of verification. There is no discussion. There is not input. He is a walking drill. Either he is an over anxious and simply knows one thing. Or he is trying to patent his appointments schedule. Either way DO NOT get caught in his revolving door of "dental care".

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014