Ratings for Dr. David N. Tobey

I visited Dr. Tobey because when I was 30 weeks pregnant, I ended up with Bells Palsey. My OBGYN referred me to Dr. Tobey and it was HORRIBLE. I would see him every week and every week he would not bother to look at my chart to see why I was there. It was like everytime I went it was the first time seeing him. Since I was pregnant, the BP issue was far more delicate than someone who was not. I was given steriods and anti-viral medication, which was cleared by my OB, but then when the meds were not helping, he was quick to send me over to physical therapy to have a form of shock treatment done on my face. I wasn't comfortable going through that WHILE pregnant, so he basically just told me there was nothing else that can be done. Bottom line: I didn't like having to repeat myself every week, when even his nurse knew me by my first name. How many pregnant patients with BP could one ENT Dr. Have?

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. David N. Tobey's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1971)

Commercial Insurance Company