Ratings for Dr. Frank M. Ramharrack

Not the kind of doctor to joke around and waste time, he gets right down to business. But the doc knows his stuff!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Went to see Dr. Ramharrack for fluctuating TSH (thyroid) levels. He does not listen at all...is very stand-offish and did absolutely nothing more than my primary care doctor had been doing all along. Poor communicator, listener and doctor. Would not go back.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I came in due to a lump on my throat and he ordered a biopsy. BC my husband wks at MRMC we wanted it there. He called 24 hrs after receiving results and asked us to come in. It was cancer. Dr. Ramharrack was great with making all labs and tests at MRMC for us and told me to go see a surgery. He is currently is my dr and has been amazing, patient, and gets down to business. My levels are good and he is adjusting my synthroid when needed. I really am grateful and love the staff.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I had thyroid nodules that this doctor treated with steroids. I finally got a 2nd opinion because my throat hurt, my voice was hoarse, and there was a lot of inflammation. Turned out to be thyroid cancer in both sides of my thyroid. I took my healthcare into my own hands, fired this quack and found a thyroid specialist at Shands. The Shands doctor performed a biopsy on the first appt., found cancer in two nodules. I was notified in 24 hours and in surgery with a total thyroidectomy in one week. Three years later, I feel lucky I only had stage 1 cancer. I would encourage anyone with a thyroid problem to go to anyone else. This doctor would have let me rot before referring me to a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr. Ramharrack is the one of the rudest doctors that I have ever seen. He wants to treat patients solely on lab numbers and does not want you to question him at all. I hope to never see him again.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2012

the staff that took me in to take blood pressure was so rude and demanding i was there to have my thyroid biopsy i'm not a diabetic ! she told me to do as I'm told and get on the scale i said i was at dr the day before and knew my weight THE GIRL THAT I THING WAS RELATED TO THE DR. YOUNG DARK HAIRED GIRL . THE GIRL SAID NO DO AS YOUR TOLD !!! demanded in a rude manner loud too. I was ready to leave ,but they said she would not bother me again that it was ok once they knew i would not be treated so badly . Then I WAS DIRECTED TO THE ROOM TO SEE THE DR . THE DR. RAMHARRACK came in HE DID NOT EVEN HAVE MY CHART HE HAD SOMEONE ELSE'S HE THROUGH IT IN THE TRASH HE gave a shot to kill the pain but waited no time to see if it was working jabbed me in the neck i jumped in pain and the needle went very deep in my neck so much pain for 3 days . i would never go back there for anything even risking the chance of cancer i would not return .VERY BAD !

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Patient will see a nurse practitioner about 80% of the time and the MD about 20%. Doctor is quite taciturn but appears to know the specialty very well. Has new diabetic patients see a ?dietitician/nurse about diet which was a waste of time. However, the office has monitored meds, dosages, lab results and my diabetes is in good control.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

WHat a complete waste of time and money. Was so rude and unhelpful. Recently diagnosed, he asked for me to give some history then pointed at his watch and said I would have to come back when I started asking questions on what to expect. Please, if you are new to diabetes, find someone else.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

WELL IN THE OCALA- GAINVILLE AERA I WENT TO 5 DIEBITES DOCTORS BUT THEY COULD NOT GET MY SOGAR DOWN FROM 350 TO 100IN 5 YEARS. DR.NASSER SENT ME TO FRANK RARARACK. IN ONE WEEK 110 AND HOLDING NOT A DOCTOR A GOD PAT ZACCHEO CITRA FL

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

I have been a diabetic for over 3 years. Until I went to See Dr. Ramharrack I was treated as a type 2 diabetic and the doctors I was seeing blamed it on me that my sugar levels were either too high or too low. I had been in the hospital 3 times with ketoacidosis. I went to see Dr. Ramharrack and he new from my background that I was a type 1 diabetic, changed my medication and now my sugar levels are normal. I was about to give up until I went to see him, he is a life saver. I actually feel a little normal for the first time in three years. I even drive about an hour to see him, if that says anything.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

Dr. Frank M. Ramharrack's Credentials

• Univ Of West Indies, Fac Med Sci, Kingston, Jamaica (950-01 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1985)

Commercial Insurance Company