Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Barr

By far the most competent and talented doctor I have been treated by in my 52 years on this planet All the staff is kind and caring. I was not rushed thru, They actually took a great deal of time to get my bandages off with the least amount of pain involved. The person who scheduled the appointment for me was able to accommodate my schedule I have seen him twice since leaving the hospital and he did an excellent job of checking my hand and removing stitches and steel. He also explained the therapy I needed to completely fix my hand. Dr Barr is the most competent and talented doctor in the world. Truly blessed by GOD as are those lucky enough to have him fix there broken parts. Dr Barr fixed a crushed hand that I never thought anyone could save.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Had gone to Dr. Barr for removal of screws of Achilles Tendon repair a year or so ago. Still having tremendous pain and unable to stand. Went to Mass General for a second option, need a FHL to get my tendon back to 80% or more. He was over an hour late for surgery and my last follow-up appt. I walked out in tears. He told me I needed to exercise and I will see you in a year. Thank God I had my good friend with me - He couldn't believe it! Go to someone who listens and will continue to seek out treatment options when you are in continous pain. His secretary knew I was beaten down when I left.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2012

Not accommodating to low income people: doesn't accept Free Care despite working with the hospitals, doesn't have a sliding scale. Tried to get me to sign a waiver form for a surgery while he held his hand over the text. Didn't call me back despite me leaving several messages for him across days on a very time sensitive situation. I eventually went elsewhere and would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr Barr was late for my surgery. He also forgot to make my leg because he was running late. The hospital staff was clearly concerned about his tardiness, which made me feel uneasy about the situation. When I went for a follow-up appointment his staff had the wrong patient’s medical chart. He asked me how my spin was doing and I was there for ankle surgery. I’ve never had any spinal surgery or issues. Also, His secretary Ellen has never once picked up her phone. I have called the office over 30 times and always get and answering machine.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Barr replaced both of my father's knees. He was wonderful to work with! He was friendly & knowledgeable. He explianed things very well to us. After many years of extreme pain walking, my father is a new man. He's gone from not wanting to get out of bed to having no pain walking, and he's just starting going to the gym. Thank You Dr. Barr for saving my father from furthur pain!!! He also replaced my aunt & my grandfather's knees. He is very good at what he does! They all HIGHLY recommend him to everyone they know with orthopedic pain!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Barr has a great sense of humor, a great bedside manner and was an excellent doctor! The most pleasant orthopedic doctor I have ever encountered!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

Dr. Barr operated on my hand and did a great job. He was easy to talk to, has a great sense of humor and knows his stuff. He is also very busy, so you may have to wait a bit to see him.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. Stephen J. Barr's Credentials

• Spanish

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1991)