Dr. Owen J. Moy

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Owen J. Moy

Don't dare question what this man has to say... I am experiencing CTS - we discussed what was going on in the carpal area and there is only so much room and when this becomes inflamed the inflammation presses the median nerve against the carpal ligament, causing it to become impinged. He went straight to tunnel release (severing the carpal ligament) - i asked why not treat the inflammation that is causing the median nerve to become impinged? what about micro surgery? "we don't do that here". So your only option for treatment that you are presenting me with is to completely cut a perfectly healthy major ligament that is responsible for hand strength, grip, and just about any other thumb function. I asked about a partial incision in the ligament that would not completely sever it... "We don't know how much will be necessary so we just do the whole thing". So without any imaging, you're recommending to cut my wrist ligament in half ?!!! At this point, he told his PA to provide me with a copy of my nerve conduction results and that I was welcome to seek alternate places of treatment. HORRIBLE ATTITUDE. What kind of 'care provider' does not discuss / present options?!! Someone who is simply looking to bill the insurance, that's who... He is very friendly until you question him. I will not be returning.

Submitted November 8, 2017

absolutely gracious, humorous, helpful, patient, informative, took all the time need to outline diagnosis and treatment of my Carpal Tunnel. I am totally impressed and appreciative

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

I HAD BOTH HANDS OPERATED ON FOR CARPUL TUNNEL SURGERY. DR MOY USES THE LAPROSCOPIC PROCEDURE, SO IT HEALED QUICKLY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! MY HANDS FELT BETTER IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING SURGERY - NO MORE NIGHT WRIST SPLINTS NEEDED!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

His staff was awesome, and i didnt wait very long, but Dr. Moy would not let me get 2 words in to properly describe the pain I was in. He was very rude to me and when i was able to talk momentarily he either wasnt listening or telling me to "just answer the question." Which obviously I was answering and trying to describe to him what my condiditon was, how it felt, ect. He did not send me for a nerve conduction test (which i was told i would need to test for ct). He sent me for an xray, told me i had no broken bones "i dont know whats wrong with you go back to your primary for a blood test or something" and sent me away. I walked out of his office crying.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Visited Dr. Moy numerous times for different wrist-related issues; what an absolute pleasure to deal with when having to take care of something not fun. Treated my broken wrist, as well as torn ligaments, and was the epoitome of a professional every step of the way. I would recommend Dr. Moy to everyone.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Owen J. Moy's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1981)