Dr. Paul L. Krawitz's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Paul Krawitz is a High Honors graduate of The University of Michigan, and received his medical degree in 1985. He is a member of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Krawitz trained in Internal Medicine at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital, New York. He completed his Ophthalmology training at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, and later was selected as Chief Resident of that program. He completed an additional year of sub-specialization in Glaucoma at Mount Sinai. Dr. Krawitz holds the academic position of Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in Manhattan. He is a frequent lecturer at professional ophthalmic meetings regarding his highly successful surgical techniques for cataracts, glaucoma and specialty intraocular lenses. In his position as President and C.E.O. of Vitamin Science, Inc., Dr. Krawitz holds several patents and trademarks for nutritional supplements that support eye disease. He has been a partner of Huntington Eye Care Associates since 1993. In that time, he has become one of the country’s most highly sought and professionally recognized eye surgeons. Dr. Krawitz performs over 1000 ophthalmic procedures annually, including no-stitch cataract surgery, the most modern therapies for glaucoma, laser refractive surgery, and laser treatment of both macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. Dr. Krawitz is a Diplomate of The American Board of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of The American Academy of Ophthalmology. He is an active member of the Long Island Ophthalmologic Society, The Suffolk Academy of Medicine, and the American Medical Association.
- State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)
- University of Michigan (Grad. 1980)
- Columbia University New York (Grad. 1986)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Grad. 1990)
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract surgery
- Dry eyes
- Dry macular degeneration
- Eye exam
- Eye floaters
- Diabetic retinopathy
Awards & Recognitions
- Crystalens Center of Excellence
- James A. Gibson Anatomical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Doctor Honor Society
Publications & Research
- Topical glycerin as an adjunct treatment for flat anterior chamber.
- Use of apraclonidine in the treatment of acute angle closure glaucoma.
- Treatment of distal occlusion of Krupin eye valve with disk using cannular flush
- Blockage of a Krupin Valve Tube