Ratings for Dr. Alex Katz

shame, pure business, if you need medical attention run from this Dr Katz Alex. Arrogant, careless, not professional

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I am very sorry to leave an unfavorable review since my first impression of Dr. Katz was quite positive. My 7-year-old son was seeing him for a plantar wart. We've had two appointments and even though we had to wait over an hour, it wasn't too bad. However everything changed when the doctor prescribed a very expensive topical cream that was only partially covered by my insurance. I have called the office to inquire whether there was a substitute for that cream and was promised that the doctor would get back to me. I have called twice to no avail. Still waiting to hear from him or his very unpleasant receptionist. Meanwhile, my son still has the wart. Thanks for your compassion, Dr. Katz.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

It's unfortunate that I'm having to share an unfavorable experience with Dr. Katz. I'm healing now from a foot surgery by a wonderful doctor who removed a cyst that formed on my heel which contained a small piece of plastic that was left by a doctor that Dr. Katz was training and supervising which I didn't know would perform the surgery. Dr. Katz didn't give me the follow-care after surgery, I saw him once then he sent me on my way. Unfortunately, He insisted I needed to have orthotics which cost $400 which he said my insurance wouldn't pay, Lie #2. My present doctor was able to get them for me with my insurance. Lie #1, when he wanted me to get physical therapy prior to surgery he wanted me to go to a less convenient place. When I asked him if I can go to the PT office across the street from his Bklyn Office he lied and said they were closed. How stupid? My point is be cautious when seeing him. Don't allow there God-like complex to intimidate you. When in doubt get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I was very pleased with Dr. Katz and his office overall. I have been to see him many years ago with foot fracture which he treated with a lot of care. This was my first time in this new location. I came to Dr. Katz with a swollen, painful foot which turned out to be another foot fracture. Dr. Katz once again treated me with care and gave me good advice. I was happy with the service. The office is clean, the staff is friendly and do their job. Dr. Katz knows what he's doing when it comes to foot care.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Dr. Katz is such a wonderful doctor! I had a wart on my foot that I had for four months. I went to see him and in two weeks the wart was gone! An amazing podiatrist. He knows what he's talking about and cares for your patience. Any question, no matter what it is, he will answer it and make sure you understand. His visits are efficient and his staff is awesome. Really friendly and aren't afraid to help you. Highly recommended!!!!!! I even found ways to improve the health of my feet and I learned to take care of them. Thank you Dr. Katz!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Made an appointment with Dr Katz for the flantar fasiitis.After searching for a while and trying a few different doctors,I got recommendation to see Dr Katz.First,staff are very nice and helpful,waiting was a few minutes after I gave them all my paperwork,MA took me to the exam room.Dr Katz spent enough time ,examine me and answer all questions.I got a few options for treatment .I had a few follow up visits and feeling great,without horrible pain I was having prior my visits.has to say that Dr Katz very knowledgeable doctor, with personal attention to every problem and excellent medical experience.He does a lot surgeries every week 'a lot of procedures using the best technology. a lot different medical equipment in office , and all minor procedures can be done the same day.His staff know their job very well ,very responsible for scheduling,referrals,all approvals for procedures.So I wish all the doctors would be so knowledgeable ,experienced, willing to help ,like Dr Katz .

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr Katz is a great doctor very down to earth you will never find a doctor like him he tells you exactly whats going on very knowledgeable. he spends has much time with you answering all your questions make sure you feel comfortable if you decide to get surgery he builds a bond with you he very organize. Doctor takes most of the insurances he speaks english fluently and also speaks russian and lil bit of spanish. He does xray ABI test in the office if needed. Doctor staff are great they very helpful the front desk sets up your paper work in a fast pace so you won't wait to long if need MRI they get the authorization within 3days and medical assistant help with wrapping of your feet help with the elevator if needed. Everyone is very friendly there and they always on time

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Podiatrist Katz is not the one a patient can trust. He agrees to assist with minor problems and doesn't help with serious health issues. Why? He wants to earn good reputation performing simple procedures. However, he doesn't forget to charge money for the necessary tests, x-rays, and etc. as though he is willing to perform, for instance, a surgery, but then just cancels important procedure on his own in last minute. I don't recommend him to people who have serious issues. While you waste time with him by keeping tests for the important procedure and hoping for relief, he will charge for the appointments, but before the procedure will cut you off of medical help and leave with nothing. I don't recommend to anyone to have experience with a medical professional who focusing only on charging money from the insurance company and doesn't see a patient with a health problem.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

This is the doctor who cares for you. He spent as much time as it was necessary to answer all my questions prior to the surgery. Reviewed the options available and explained the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative. Provided an excellent follow up after the surgery. Always pays attention to all concerns and complains.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Went to see him for broken toe nail and foot fungus. He was very friendly and helpful. Down to earth doctor who makes you feel like a human being, not just another fee. His staff is a little cold and mostly speak just Russian, but don't worry, this isn't a "Russian only" medical practice. Dr. Katz seems to be American but with a Russian family background. So Russian patients feel very comfortable with him. I thought he was great and highly recommend. He seemed very knowledgeable about orthotics.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Alex Katz's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1996)