Ratings for Dr. Matthew M. O'Brien

Dr. O'brien is a caring individual who seems to be unaware of the workings of his office staff! The individual responsible for referrals is an incompetent as*. She refuses to provide referrals and requires the patient, requesting the referral, to contact the office of the specialist physcian to obtain the charge codes and other pertinent information required for the referral. She claims she is too busy to spend all of her time doing referrals! I contacted Aetna about this problem and they assured me that referrals were the responsibility of my primary doctors office. Subsequently, an Aetna representative contacted Dr. O'brien's office and got the same response. As a result, I lost my appointment for a cataract eye exam that had been scheduled, with my ophthalmologist, twelve months earlier. I requested that Dr. O'brien contact me to discuss this problem. I am still waiting to hear from him! Dr. O'brien is no longer my family physician! I hope the ignorant as* responsible for referrals, for both doctors in that office, burns in Hel* for all eternity!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

After seeing doctor O'Brien right out of Med school he suddenly changed practices. It took me 2 years but I finally found him. Doctors are a dime a dozen & I've got no problem switching if I don't think they're competent. Yes, he does run late BUT the office is very forthright and offers a solution to that problem. The main reason he ALWAYS runs late is because he gives you 100% of his time and attention. I never feel rushed, etc. I positively adore his staff and as far as I'm concerned he is by far the most competent, kind, caring and concerned Doctor I've ever had the pleasure of being a patient of. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I just transfer to delaware and I think he's great, took the time to talk with me about my health issues which I think is great. The staff told me to call about an hour before my appt. time to see if Dr. Obrien was on time,and I appreciate that. He has my trust.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Since I am pretty healthy I haven't gone to him too much over the past 6 years, but when I have his appointments run almost an hour late every time. Also, he does not seem to think "outside the box". For example - if you have a cold, you get antibiotics. He does not seem at all concerned with the whole picture - diet, vitamins, exercise, etc. I am looking for someone who will oversee my health as well as my sickness, so I am switching doctors. Although he seems like a nice guy, that's not what I'm looking for.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I saw o brien for years. He is ALWAYS late, why? because he schedules to many people, thats not professional . He hands out antibiotics like they were candy, and he is half asleep during appointments. Sure he might be okay if your kid has the sniffles, but anything beyond that, he completley falls in, and is useless, he doesnt care at all. Do not see this guy, not a professional, just a money grabber

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. O'Brien is a good overall doctor but is ALWAYS running behind and often times comes in very late in the morning

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr. O'Brian has earned my respect as a trustworthy person of good character and a competent physician. He listens carefully to my concerns and addresses them thoroughly. He sincerely cares about my quality of life and he's an advocate who helps me negotiate the healthcare system. I would recommend him without any hesitation. I have friends who have also gone to see him and they too feel that the quality of care he provided to them was outstanding. He's a dedicated doctor who obviously enjoys his work.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

I love this doctor. He listens and has a personality. Punctuality is not his thing. The office is very upfront and honest and will let you know he is running behind. He is the best family doctor I have ever had and the most trustworthy. I feel I am getting the medical care I need when I go to see him!!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2009

Dr. Ob'rien is compassionate, really cares about your well-being. He's is a very nice person and for me did everything possible to make me better been seening him over 10 years.He'wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

I found Dr. O'Brien to be very knowledgable and he really listened to what I had to say. He seems like he really cares about his patients. His staff is very friendly. I have found a doctor for life!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

Dr. Matthew M. O'Brien's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1997)

MB Health