Ratings for Dr. Stephen G. Smaldore

This doctors office has consistently been the worst doctors experiences I have had. The staff is snarky and the doctors black mail you to come in to get regular prescriptions filled. I feel as though when I walk through the door all they see is dollar signs. I can't believe it took me this long to switch physicians. Good bye!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I have been going to DR. Steve for about 18yrs. when they were small. He is the best dr ever, correct at diagnosing my ailments, everytime. It is harder to get an appt with him. He spends quality time with you, makes you feel like you are his only patient in the building. My insurance usually covers everything, lately I have been getting bills for like $9, they must charge above and beyond the national average.One time I had not got the bill and went for my appt. they said I owed $7 and could not be seen unless I paid it? I thought maybe I over looked it but when I got home the bill had come that day. They do make you feel like it is Dr. Steve asking for his money lol.I took it personal. The nurses are great too.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

this is the most wonderful doctor i have ever been to. he is very knowlegable and takes the time to get to know you. i dont think that he forgets a single patient. i was in the grocery store and had only seen him three times yet he remembered me and asked me how i was doing. what a caring person. that is hard to find now a days.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2010

If you can get to the docs, they are great. They have good communication skills and are willing to spend the time needed. However, the office staff is controlled by ridiculous policies and held to non-bending guidelines. The office manager is very difficult to deal with and the rules don't seem to help the office to run smoothly. Even though I am seen every 3 months, I am not allowed to wait to pay my balance due ($24!) at my next visit. I get collection notices by mail and phone. This office needs an overhaul and I recommend starting with the office manager. I was hoping the new location would be better, but it seems even worse. I seriously doubt that the MD/DO's know how badly the patients are treated before and after they are seen by the professionals. The billing people say, "Dr. Steve wanted me to call you about this bill." I would love to know if he REALLY said to call me for a $24 copay that is from 4 weeks prior and my next appt is in 8 weeks! Good docs, but unpleasant staff.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

Never actually saw the doctor. The office policies and procedures are set up to be easy for the staff - forget the patient (who is the customer). Switched doctors when it was so apparent that asking them for anything that was different than the current process was perceived as a threat to their "system". In this case is was the sending of forms to me in the mail - they insisted that they be filled out in the office simply because it wasn't their policy to let patients fill out the paperwork ahead of time. But, by the way, come early so you can complete those reams of paperwork. No thank you. I wonder if the doctor know of this or if this is a case of office staff on a power trip?

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Stephen G. Smaldore's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1988)

HealthPartners