Ratings for Dr. David J. Winchester

Great physician! He is so thoughtful and respectful and knows exactly what to do. He also has a great physician assistant Jada! Love her!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2018

I had 3 Tumorous parathyroid glands and a precancerous Thyroid nodule. I was able to see the Doctor within a week got operated a week later. A day after my operation I was fully recovered and could have gone to my work in the Emergency ROOM w/o a problem but chose 5 days off to be safe. He is the best ENDOCRINE Surgeon to be operated by and have exceptionally excellent results

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr David Winchester is utterly dedicated to his patients and giving them the ultimate care. He sometimes runs late because he gives every patient as much time as she needs--essential to easing fear and communicating all the needed information. Northshore scheduled appointments too close together but Dr W will not rush the patient. I had breast cancer that was locally advanced, and he got me clean margins and a healthy, fully functional arm despite removing a string of lymph nodes. His bedside manner is better than any doctor I've had, and his surgical skill is superb. One friend recently diagnosed chose Dr W based on my experience, and I expect many more will follow my lead over time. Patients who choose Dr Winchester are exceptionally fortunate, and can expect the best possible results.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Dr W's Staff has been better over the last couple of months. I espicially like his new scheduler Carmela. She has been wonderful to me whenever we talk on the phone, and because of my busy schedule fitting me in. Jada has followed up with me and she is lovely, nice and a knowledgeable person. I had left Dr. Yao and for the short time me and my husband have been with Dr. W I have already seen improvement.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Dr. W is a very skilled polite surgeon that might not always be on time but is always prepared when I went in to get a thyroidectomy Carmel help to me and was very polite on the phone. Carmel and the rest of Dr. W's staff are extremely welcomeing and enjoyable to talk to. I wouldn't trust anyone more what's my surgery. I would recommend him to anyone without a doubt. (If you go there ask for Carmel on the phone)

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Excellent doctor. Great with follow-up and always there to answer questions

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. DJ Winchester diagnosed my breast cancer several years ago. He is hands down the finest physician I have ever had. He is beyond compassionate He listens and he cares. Such a skilled surgeon. I would recommend him without any hesitation. He is a WONDERFUL DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

David J Winchester's father also David _ Winchester is a surgeon. When Katherine Yao blew me off 5/8 for surgery for a "malignant melanoma" she referred me to this dr. My husband & I waited over an hr to see the dr. the 1ST time. After my surgery 5/15, a visiting nurse came. She terrified my husband & I by telling us my 1/4 to 1/3 wound in my leg was going to get infected. My husband's comment: "Let's hope we don't need tp ask Dr. W about anything!." We arrived at his Glenbook Office as told at 9:30. We weren't seen until 11:30. Then Dr. W told me "I shouldn't be so upset as he FIT ME IN!" (Is that my fault?)I've been living in Chicago to get acceptable medical care for 2 years ($100/day.)I wore a wound vac for 3 weeks. Poor Dr W has to see so many pateints! CANCER & NO PLACE TO CALL!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

I had a minor surgery--removal of a salivary gland due to a non-cancerous tumor. Dr. Winchester was fabulous--called me after my first appt to follow up with questions, and called me again after my surgery. The procedure was great with a fine outcome. He is very good with patients and has a great bedside manner yet is totally knowledgeable and on top of his game as a surgeon. I would recommend him and Glenbrook hospital to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. D.J. Winchester is skilled surgeon who's compassion and care for each patient is in a separate class. I have recommended him to many of my friends because he takes fabulous care of me. If breast cancer is your problem, he will become the best partner you could find.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Dr. David J. Winchester's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1986)

AARP