Ratings for Dr. Michele Hakimian

Dr. Hakimian is GREAT. The office staff is not very helpful. They are very slow to respond to refill request.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I absolutey love Dr. Hakimian and all the doctors at Progressive Care for Women. Dr. Hakimian delivered both of my sons via c-section. My first son was breech, for the second I chose a repeat c-section (Dr. Hakimian was completely open to letting me attempt a VBAC). I was a patient there for 6+years and only once did I get bumped to another doctor due to a delivery. And I never waited more than 15 minutes for any appointment. They have an ultrasound tech on staff which is great because you don't have to make a separate appointment at the hospital, they just do it as part of your regular visits. The receptionist is a bit cold, but the more you see her the more she warms up. I have not had any issues at all with the rest of her staff, they were all extremely professional and accomodating. The other doctors (I saw Dr. Chen & Dr. Beyer as well) were also fantastic. I recently moved out of Chicago and I am having a horrible time finding an OB/Gyn as great as Dr. Hakimian.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

I miscarried and my Dr. had me follow up with Dr Hakimian.I dropped off test results and explained the situation. The same receptionist called later because she was confused about what I needed. She wondered why I wasn’t following up with my other doctor. Again I explained the situation, but she said she couldn’t schedule an appointment until she had more results from my doctor. Only after they got the results did I get an appointment for two weeks later. I was also asked if I was going back to my doctor for more tests. I asked if I should do that and she said, “No,the Dr.just wanted to know if you were.” But, the next week they called to tell me I had to before my appointment. Dr Hakimian really didn't seem interested in treating me. She just kept sending me back to my Dr. If a Dr. sends you to a specialist and they refuse to see you until you've followed up twice with the other Dr., it’s a problem.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

dr. hakimian is a nice person, but she kind of brushed off my suspected problems with infertility one year after stopping birth control. her staff is completely incompetent. the receptionist is rude, and one of the nurses gave me incorrect test results - only to find out there was a problem months later. very bad practice.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

Her staff is always complaining about being understaffed, but Dr. Hakimian is the best doctor available in Chicago. She is wonderfully kind, gentle and an absolute genius. She has gone the extra mile for me and all who I've reffered. She is the best!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2007

Prescribed medication for which I had a known allergy. Careless.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

PC4W is a great group and Dr. Hakimian is knowledgable, patient and has great bedside manners! There is a group of 3 docs, and you meet each of them throughout your pregnancy (at least once) to make you more comfortable in case they end up delivering you. Nurses are very nice and they try to be concious of your time. Dr. Hakimian is great and I'd recommend her to anyone. Her exams are super quick and gentle and she takes time to discuss your health and educate you.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

As a patient new to the area, I found Dr. Hakimian and thought she'd be a good pick for an OB/GYN. When I called to make the appointment, I found that they immediately charge your credit card $35 to guarantee you show up, and then will count it as a co-pay if you do (plus they'll charge another $15, for a total of $50 to your card, if you do not). This is true even if your co-pay is less than $35 (to which the receptionist stated, ". . . and then we'll see what your insurance does," as if I want to rely on an insurance company to figure it all out). I thought this was unreasonable. Why wouldn't they simply charge you if and when you do not show up? They can certainly take your credit card information to guarantee your arrival. I'm all for punctuality, but this seems like a punishment of the innocent, doesn't it? No Dr. Hakimian for me. There's nothing progressive or caring (the practice is called Women's Progressive Care) about this policy.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2006

GREAT!! Very kind and patient!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2006

Wonderful doctor. Extremely knowledgable, caring, helpful and friendly. Overall A+!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2006

Dr. Michele Hakimian's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1993)