Ratings for Dr. Keith D. Bowersox

Dr Bowersox saved my life. I had a type I and type II aortic dissection that required immediate emergency surgery. He replaced my aortic valve, replaced and repaired my aortic arch with a Dacron graft, and reacted to a situation where I was given a 5% chance of making it through surgery. Surgery was 12 hours and 5 years later I am living a healthily active life. Best Dr in the world in my book. Other doctors that have reviewed my case at other hospitals, Northwestern in Chicago in particular, are effusive in their praise of the surgery prerformed by dr B. I was given pre surgery a 5% chance to live through surgery and 50% chance to make it 48 hours, if I made it through 12+ hours of surgery: that math equates to a 2.5% chance that I was expected to live 3 days. The Dr Saved My Life. I can't ask any more than that. A+

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

My father walked into heart surgery w/ this doctor and died on the table as a result of a failed surgery. Though it isn't possible for me to say the same thing would not have happened with another surgeon, the incontrovertible truth is what it is. This doctor's communication of what transpired and why was vague and lacked empathy. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

It is father's day today. It has been 6 years and 4 months since my father died a drawn-out, agonizing death. He walked into the Northwest Community Hospital ER and departed in a helicopter one week later to University of Chicago, rushed to install an artificial heart after his failed open-heart surgery. Due to the resulting overwhelming complications under the hands of this surgeon, he passed away after a difficult decision by the family that his quality of life would have been greatly diminished if kept alive. There are accidents in life and then there are the actions taken to greatly increase the risk of an accident. I believe this surgeon could have changed the outcome of not just my father's life, but our entire family's lives if he had not made the certain professional decisions he did. He was careless and invisible after his mistake was made and damage was done. I'm sure he learned from the experience, but please don't let your family's future hang in the balance for a lesson.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr Bowersox helped save my life and all I can do is hope that if you ever find yourself in need of a cario/thorasic surgeon (heaven forbid) you select Dr. Bowersox as your physician. My operation and recovery were without a hitch and I couldn't of asked for any better support either.He's a very hard person to get an appointment with (as most in his field are because of a high demand of his talents) but other than that all I can say is I'm very glad that my family physician referred me to him and can only offer him a sincere thank you in graditude. Both for having him as a doctor and the life decision he made to pursue this career.Thanks Keith!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

Dr. Keith D. Bowersox's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)