Ratings for Dr. Darryl J. Dirisio

A laminectomy advised by Dr. Dirisio relieved me of sciatica that had been ruining my life for four months. I had tried every less drastic approach that made sense to me from epidural shots to physical therapy and a variety of drugs. He and his staff were courteous, professional and supportive especially in the trying period immediately following the surgery. If you have tried and failed at more conservative treatments, give surgery consideration. I was frightened, but within weeks of the surgery I experienced much reduced symptoms and have been restored to a meaningful life. I'm am very appreciative of what Dr. Dirisio and his staff have done for me.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

DR Daryl DiRisio,is incompetent ,I was a pt.of his 10 -11 years ago,he performed a laminectomy and failed to perscribe proper post-op meds,I ended up with A severe Cerebral Spinal Fluid leak,Meningitis,infection,rehospitalized with a drain in my spinal canal for 13 miserable days,He admitted wrong doing,but then post op visit 2 months later,lied by omission not informing me that I still had a Tethered cord from complications.He lies,is incompetent,failed to treat me in a timely manner when I was first referred to him,I wouldn't let him operate on my worst enemy.I rate him a minus 10!!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!Awesome!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

about 5 years ago he did c spine surgery on me at AMC. He was wonderful, as his PA was also. He responded to my call almost immediately, and called me himself to check on me later ! I would recommend him to anyone that is having spinal pain and is need of being able to function properly again !

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Wow I can't believe we are speaking about the same Doctor. Both my parents and myself have gone to Dr. Dirisio for spinal surgery in some respect. I was happy to see he does not endorse radical surgery. I had a shattered L5 disc with pieces cutting off my nerves. I couldn't walk! Yes it took 3months for the paperwork and Company Insurance to proceed but I rolled in and walked out the next day. My family believe he is kind and compassionate. And Karen is the best!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I took 3 months to get an appointment with him. I patiently waited because I heard he was the best. He came into the exam room and told me there was nothing he could do. He was in and out the door in 2 minutes. They had no problem accepting my full co-pay however . My best friend came with me and we just looked at each other in shocked surprise. What a let down and what a sham.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr.DiVision and Karen Paatronas were the worst things that ever happened to,they were both arrogant uncaring,extremely unprofessional,lied to me by ommision that due to complications post op ,an infection,scar tissue,which left me with still a TETHERED CORD and he failed to inform me of this bc it would of resulted in a major law suit,I thought the residual pain was the structural issues,I absolutely regret ever meeting this incompetent surgeon,he needs his license revoked ,he does not care at all about his patients,I am worse now then when I allowed him to operate on me.The man and his PA Karen Petronis are dangerous!!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Dirisio is a rude egotistical man who does not care about his patients. He will rope you in with ideas of surgery improving your health then post op he doesn't spare any time to discuss after surgery pain and sent me back to work in 3 months to a job that caused the surgery in the first place . He made some unprofessional comments and I regret using him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

He is rude and ignorant and does not care about his patients. Very unprofessional and a waste of time. Who ever certified him as a doctor is an idiot. With him working at Albany med they should rename the hospital Albany dead.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. Dirisio, Karen Petronis and Karen the RN are all exceptional. I have had 2 other posterior lumbar fusions by another area physician in the Slingerlands area who left me disabled. I started seeing Dr. Dirisio after being on pain meds almost 2 years. The reason he wants you off these meds prior to surgery.....safety issue including increased respiratory suppression under anesthesia. He most certainly cares about pain, BUT he is not pain management...he is a NEUROSURGEON. He is conservative and not surgically aggressive by any means and he and Karen both involve the patient in their surgical decision making process. He is the farthest person I have ever seen from being arrogant. He is compassionate and actually calls his own patients on the phone if they are having issues post-op. Dr. Dirisio and Karen Petronis are honest and realistic when it comes to what they can offer surgically. He is one of the only compassionate and may I say COMPETENET physicians who will repair and revise other botch jobs when other neurosurgeons refuse to even see you for a consult when they see you have had multiple failed back surgeries!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014