Ratings for Dr. Anthony P. Joseph

I have seen Dr Joseph for six years, and have given him great reviews in the past. I have been on Permanent Disability for eight years, from incurable injuries, 3 breaks in my leg, knee damage, arthritis in knees and spine, herniated disc, frozen shoulder, both sides, and acute gastritis and hepatitis with cirrhosis, and can't take NSAIDs. When my tolerance to hydrocodone/acetaminophen reached the point of constant pain with no relief, I asked to be given what I was on in Arizona, extended release morphine, according to hepatologist, the safest and most effective medication for people with liver disease, he flatly refused and said he does NOT prescribe morphine EVER. Instead he suggested ultram, a medication that has strict warning against use with liver disorders, had I not known this and taken the pills, it would have finished off my liver, and caused my death. After explaining that to him, he gave me the Fyntanal patch, a totally infective dose that the NIH showed pictures of needing 20 at once to be as effective as morphine, a polite way of saying it is useless for severe, chronic pain. His lack of knowledge of pharmacology is dangerous. Bottom line, if you only have minor problems, he is adequate, the staff excellent. But if you have any chronic serious conditions, he will not be of any help, or worse, can do you irreparable harm. When I tried to explain the problems with his ineffective methods, and provided documentation from the leading government agencies, he treated me like a skid row bum instead of a patient of 6 years. Like many of the Doctors in Florida, he should read what the Mayo Clinic told them years ago. A doctors job is largely to control pain, if they are not willing to prescribe the medications that do that, they should find another profession.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Great doctor...........would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Anthony Joseph has been my primary doctor for 8 - 10 years and I have yet to find fault in any of these categorys rated below. He always double checks vitals after his nurse and goes over all the information he has received (i.e. Blood tests, etc.) line by line letting you know if is bad, normal, or very good. Every time I have been in the hospital (even when other doctors placed me there), he has shown up on a daily bases to see me. I am extremely pleased with him. I wish other doctors were this caring and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Down to earth Doctor. Reliable and courteous staff.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Joseph is very thorough, listens to me, and isi up-to-date on medical information.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Dr. Anthony P. Joseph's Credentials

• Med Coll, Gandhiji Univ, Kottayam, Kerala, India (Grad. 1988)

AARP