Ratings for Dr. Barry E. Poret

Dr. Poret is: caring, attentive, knowledgeable, kind,& compassionate. Dr. Poret, truly knows his patients. The wait time can be long, however, he is just giving each patient the time they need. I personally am grateful to have him as my doctor. P.S. At one time he stop accepting my insurance, so I private paid. I then changed insurance, he is that worth it.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Dr. Poret is an excellent physician. He takes time with each and every patient. Sometimes that causes a backup in his schedule but I am so grateful that he gives me the time and attention I need. Dr. Poret has been my doctor for nearly 30 years. I hope he does not plan to retire soon!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

This is the most knowledgeable and caring physician I have ever had. He gives each patient as much time as he or she needs, which is why he doesn't get high ratings on being on time, but all his patients know what when they do see him, they will get the same kind of attention. I have never left his office without knowing exactly what my medical problem was, how I got it, and how I needed to treat it. He's especially good at diagnosing conditions that specialists could not. I feel that he is totally involved in and concerned about my and every other patient's welfare. He's like a special family member who is always there when you need him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Poret is such a phenomenal physician that although I moved away from the area two years ago it is worth it to me to make the four-hour round-trip drive to see him. He is extremely knowledgeable (great at diagnosing what no one else can figure out), caring, attentive, kind, and committed to giving each patient as much individualized attention as he or she needs (thus the "moderate" rating for waiting time). Family doctors are a dime a dozen, but this man is irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2009

Dr. Barry E. Poret's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)