Ratings for Dr. Wayne Smith Blocker

If I could leave 0 stars I would. This “doctor” if you can even call him that really needs to hang up his white coat and go home to his evil wife.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I went to Dr. Blocker due to lower abdomen pain. At first I was diagnosed with endometriosis. The doctor saw me twice, and he told me I would eventually need a hysterectomy. I trusted this doctor thinking he knew what he was doing. I went to surgery on January 2012. Obviously I was very nervous about the procedure, being a single mother of two girls. I was very young to have a hysterectomy (35). I was thinking, and preparing myself for the worst. Even though I know that this should be a simple procedure. I went into surgery at 6:30 AM. The last thing I remember is waking up at 9:45 PM in ICU thanks to Dr. Blocker. He snipped my femoral artery from a laparoscopy hysterectomy leaving me open wide like a animal, because I was bleeding to death. He call a Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Urologist, and a Plastic Surgeon to be able to save me. He went to my family and told them he wasn't sure he was going to be able to save me.. How nice... After I got out of my situation, and was able to go home home I was unable to urinate and collapsed twice. I could barely feel the nerves in my leg. I sought out the Urologist. When approaching the secretary for my appointment, and briefly mentioning what doctor I had seen, she commented: "Wow another one that cut the bladder" I was later transferred to a Neurologist who helped me with my leg.. After, I went to the plastic surgeon who closed my incision for a follow-up, and the plastic surgeon told me I owe $21K for him to sew me back up. This Dr. Wayne Blocker never had the nerve to call and find out if I was okay, or if I needed anything. The only thing I received is a humiliating scar from a doctor who botched a procedure he performed hundreds of times before. I have never been so terrified of a doctor in my life. Ladies PLEASE, PLEASE I advise you not to go to Dr. Blocker, seek someone else!! If you have any questions, please I welcome them! Contact me!

Submitted September 18, 2014

Great carrying dr I ever had. Got me back on the birth control pills

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Wonderful dr. Called me on friday to go over my test results

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

Starting with the office staff, Miss Cindi ( who told me she had been there for 12 years) was completely unpleasant and unethical. She gave me incorrect information and directed me to extensions that could not help, finally she said she would call me back. Two weeks passed and i never received a call. When i came into the office to figure out the issue, she said she changed her mind about calling me because of my attitude? she refused to followup with me although i was having a problem after she said that she would. The lady is very provoking and unnaturally easily angered. This office has no OFFICE MANAGER, i assure most of your complaints will never reach the doctor as the front staff thinks she IS the doctor. This doctor has horrible staff , unprofessional, hardly effective, very misleading. Even after my delivery, the nurses at the hospital whispered about other patients bad experiences, one specifically about the doctor making many incorrect gender predictions on his sonograms.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

I feel he does not have compassion for his patients. Do not always look out for your best interests. If I could do it all over, I would not have choose him as my OB

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Blocker is wonderful! He saw me at 20 weeks when no other doctor would and doesn't seem to be in it just for the money. He took time to check me top to bottom and make sure my baby was healthy. He was not only caring, but funny too! I was seen very quickly and was didn't feel rushed when meeting with him. I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

I went to Blocker b/c I was unhappy with my treatment at another office. When I explained why, (too many docs/not enough personal care/didn't want to discuss different birth options) he said he would be honest with me & that he was there to do a job to the best of his ability. I thought that was great. He was REALLY nice during my prenatal visits. When I brought stuff up, I felt like he was really listening & concerned. Then my water broke. He was already at the hospital delivering when I arrived. He was very short. He screamed at nurses while his face was just a few inches away from my nether region. He told me my baby was in distress and that I had *no choice* but to have a c-section. Later, I had to get my operative report for another doc and none of the things Blocker had told me (like the distress part) were in the report. It was like Blocker had turned into a TOTALLY different after I arrived at the hospital. I felt totally betrayed and let down.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I would agree with the previous review - appears knowledgeable but he is not forthcoming with information. I didn't like asking him questions because he always gave the impression that the question was stupid. I had to insist on getting tests ordered. Also uses high stirrups in birth which made it very difficult to push. Staff not very personable.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

I feel like Dr. Blocker has at times an attitude of not caring. He is very knowledgeable but dooesn't seem to offer much advice.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2007

Dr. Wayne Smith Blocker's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)