Ratings for Dr. Fayette M. Mcelhannon

I have a horrible scare in my wrist like a keloids. Skin, but my skin is perfect and he want to charge me again to fix it aaagggh! !

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Wonderful Dr.s experience. Staff were very impressive also. I would rate this Dr. 100% great. He saw me for my back, my feet, and also my neck. He treated me with the utmost respect and was very knowledgeable in every aspect of our problems. I feel like i have my life back again

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

The absolute worst doctor experience I have ever had. I have oeteoarthritis in my knees and need surgery in both-he agreed. But, when asking questgions about the surgery procedure, hardware used, and about therapy afterwards, his response was to not ask him and if we have questions, call back to the office and ask someone else but don't ask him those questions. He was extremely rude and after a 15 minute consultation appt. about the surgery, he said he had to go and he had other patients to see. He also said that other doctors doing knee surgery have to give blood, but he doesn't so I didn't need to even ask about that. He had already set up the surgery date - just a few days later and was not going to answer questions about what he was going to do with a knee replacement. He was condescending and was unhappy that we had done research before the appt. I have since seen another orth doc who is sending me to a surgeon who does only knees because of the severity of damage.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Terrible experience with x-ray tech and doctor. nurse said dr. mcelhannon wants x-rays. i told them i had two current sets and mri that mcelhannon's partner hubrich had seen before he retired. hawthorne had them on file. still swelling periodically and becoming more and more compressed, swollen, tight, and painful. need some more answers. dr. didn't listen to history, didn't realize i was a patient, didn't look at my chart, wouldn't let me explain history. cut me off. grabbed my ankle and twisted my swollen knee sideways with no warning. SO MUCH PAIN! swelling got worse later. verbally abusive, condescending, and hateful. told me nothing was wrong with my hip when i tried to explain multiple orthos and pts diagnosed si dysfunction. told me i could leave, nothing was wrong with my hip, asked me how old i was 4 times, and dismissed me. hurt my knee more. never see this man.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr. Fayette M. Mcelhannon's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1967)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal