Ratings for Dr. Mahmood S. Akhavi

I have been a patient of Dr. Akhavi since 1994. He is a doctor you would want to have. He is very professional and thorough. He is one of many doctors who listens very seriously to your medical issues. He is very good. You would be very glad to have him as your Neurologist.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I was admitted to the hospital, and I guess Dr. Akhavi was on call or the neurologist for the hospital. He was appointed to me, because I'm a paraplegic. When he came to visit, he ran me through a whole bunch of function tests and other ones to see where the stages of the injury was at. I really liked this, because most doctors just read your chart and get all their knowledge from there. He did his own tests to make his decisions. Very thorough. Super knowledgeable also! He is top notch. I wish he was my neurologist when I was in my car accident. I'm sure I'd be in better shape!!! Very impressive!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

I was never a patient of Dr. Akhavi, I actually worked for him in the front office years ago. He is a very knowledgeable and friendly doctor and person. One of the best, if not the best Neurologist I know of, and I worked for many of them. He is very professional and comfortable to be around.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Every doctor I've mentioned Dr Akhavi to has commented on how thorough he is and how nice he is. He listens to the patient and is very persistent in getting what is needed for the patient. Outstanding doctor. I was originally thought to have had a stroke but he has determined it is Multiple Sclerosis. My family was so impressed with the care he gave me that my sister-in-law, who has Alzheimers, is changing to Dr Akhavi. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2006

I was most impressed with the doctor being on time. A lot of doctors I see (my GP, etc.) are usually 10 or more minutes late. Dr. Akhavi is very friendly and courteous. He actually listened to my concerns and answered my questions about medications- not dismissive as some doctors are. My friend's elderly mother also saw him for memory loss-early Alzheimer's and he brough to her attention that she could receive her medication (Aricept) at a reduced price by filling out a form. He is very professional. He also sits on the Board of Ethics at Baylor Hospital. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2005

Dr. Mahmood S. Akhavi's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1968)

Lumenos