You may also like

Rate Dr. Roderick MacArthur

Dr. Roderick MacArthur's Ratings

Dr. Roderick MacArthur is now my hero. I was so fortunate to have been referred to him for my aorta valve replacement . He is such a humble man, very, very compassionate doctor. The first time I met him before my surgery, his calming demeanor and his approach to reassuring me how all was going to be done helped me feel so confident about the procedure. I went into the surgery with total faith in Dr. MacArthur. That was the best feeling ever. Dr. MacArthur actually saved my life. He is my hero. Thank you to Dr. MacArthur and his team, Noella and Dr. David Zeeko...you will always be in my heart as very special people. Thank you for the wonderful work you do and the number of lives you save.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2836780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr MacArthur is not only an outstanding and skilled surgeon but a truly exceptional, wonderful person. He saved my life at the age of 38yrs old and as I celebrate my 7yrs of being healthy, Noella and Dr MacArthur remain dear in our hearts. His optimism continued beyond that of the surgery and helped in recovery . Best wishes to Dr MacArthur and his team

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2707135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Dr. MacArthur is an outstanding skilled surgeon and specialist. His willingness to explain, take on the challenge of an extremely complex heart surgery was so much appreciated. He is an exceptional doctor who western Canada is lucky to have. Anyone should trust his highly recognized competence, superior skill, vast knowledge -- knowing they are truly in the care of a compassionate & talented surgeon! Dr. MacArthur is the best of the best!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][810137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

Dr. MacArthur saved my life, plain and simple. Dr. MacArthur's exceptional talent, his brilliant mind and nurturing, compassionate spirit are unsurpassed. This beautiful man works tirelessly, from morning to night and through the operations and 16 hour days, maintains his gentle and optimistic disposition. He is a thoughtful and intuitive doctor, always taking the time to visit and check on his patients whatever the time of day. I have several friends who are medical doctors and specialists in their field who can attest to his incredible reputation as one of the most highly regarded heart surgeons anywhere;period. We are so, so fortunate to have this fantastic, skilled, caring surgeon at the Mazankowski Heart Institute. He will be in my heart(figuratively) forever and I hope literally, never again. My wife, Julia and I are forever grateful to Dr. MacArthur and his administrative assistant, Noella, for their heart. Godspeed to all. Give em hell. Marcus Walsh

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][810136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

Doctor was very friendly, professional, and the care from the staff was excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][810135].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2013

I owe my life to Dr. MacArthur and his skill and compassion as a surgeon. My chances of survival without the double valve surgery he performed were 0%, but Dr. MacArthur was willing to perform the surgery and extend my life. Dr. MacArthur has been an angel in our lives. I went from counting my days to playing in the garden with my grandchildren and looking forward to many more years watching them grow. He and his staff, especially Noella, are extremely competent and caring. I don't have enough good things to say about Dr. MacArthur and his team. If you are blessed enough to have Dr. MacArthur as your surgeon, you are in the very best of hands.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][810134].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

I found Dr. Roderick MacArthur very kind, helpful and knowledgeable as was his resident and staff. He gave me information which changed my mind about the type of valve I would opt for. His staff person (Noella) is a real gem and she was very helpful in assisting me and reducing my anxiety. The anesthetist was great, and the ICU and ward staff were excellent. I feel Dr. MacArthur and his team have given me a new lease on life for which I am more thankful than words can express. I am gaining energy every day. I am on minimal medications, and I am in the process of changing my lifestyle to make full use of the opportunity I have been given for the extra time I have left. Although I thanked Dr. MacArthur at my exit interview, I cannot fully express the gratitude and good fortune I feel to have been his patient. Best Wishes to Dr. MacArthur and His wonderful team! Joseph Wood

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][810133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

The cardiac surgery I have undergone was handled as professionnaly as anyone can ask, from the front office coordination to the pre-surgery meetings with Dr. MacArthur, his concerns for my overall health situation as well as the cardiac, his willingness to coordinate his work with that of another surgery and his handling of the actualcardiac surgery and in-hospital care is the finest it could possibly have been. His care to ensure my wife understood what was going to happen and keep her to date on surgical and recovery matters was tremendously appreciated. We also wish to extend our thanks and gratitude to Dr. Abdo Elhenawy for his surgical work and post-operative patient contact and care. Also many thanks to Noella for all her efforts and support during this process. To all of you "Thank You!".

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][810132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2012

Dr. MacArthur spent considerable time with me, explaining the procedure I was to undergo. He answered all my questions in a patient, accommodating manner and explained all the risks and benefits of the procedure, as well as what I could expect after the surgery. I have noted his punctuality as a "4" only because he is a very busy man, and the day I was scheduled for a followup after my procedure, his time was taken up with a couple of emergency surgeries. Dr. MacArthur is someone I would trust my life to in a heartbeat (literally!).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][810131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2012

Dr. MacArthur is a fantastic doctor as he made me and my family feel very confortable as he explained everything about the bypass operation and what the chances of recovery were as I'm 74 years of age. He explained what my chances were if I didn't have the operation and what to expect by having it. It made my decision for me and my family so much easier. I found that his staff to be very good and helpful.Dr. MacArthur is very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I would recommend his services to anyone. I'm so happy I made the decision to proceed with the operation as I was in the hands of a very competent and caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][810130].votes_count ]]