You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Roderick MacArthur

I had open heart surgery Dec 16, 2014 to fix an aortic aneurysm. I woke up from surgery to find Dr macarthur at my bedside telling me everything went great. His knowledge and compassion made my whole experience a great one. Enough cannot be said about Noella, She answered several of my calls and was an angel through the whole process. I cannot say enough about Dr Macarthur and Noella that hasn't already been said.. I am Now 100% healthier than I was before surgery and am thankful to have had the been in the hands of the best.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

DR. Mac Arthur has taken me into his care and I have total confidence in his decisions about my heart health and any future surgery that I will be needing. I have such peace of mind now.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

This man has a very smooth and slick smile. He pretends to be your friend but doesn't care about anyone but himself. All he wants to do is make as much money as possible. He botched my operation and I still have lots of chest pain. He said if I didn't like it I should go back to my own country....he's a racist, after all I dont have white skin so that makes me worthless. If you have white skin im sure you;ll be treated better.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. Roderick MacArthur is now my hero. I was so fortunate to have been referred to him for my aorta valve replacement . He is such a humble man, very, very compassionate doctor. The first time I met him before my surgery, his calming demeanor and his approach to reassuring me how all was going to be done helped me feel so confident about the procedure. I went into the surgery with total faith in Dr. MacArthur. That was the best feeling ever. Dr. MacArthur actually saved my life. He is my hero. Thank you to Dr. MacArthur and his team, Noella and Dr. David Zeeko...you will always be in my heart as very special people. Thank you for the wonderful work you do and the number of lives you save.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

Dr MacArthur is not only an outstanding and skilled surgeon but a truly exceptional, wonderful person. He saved my life at the age of 38yrs old and as I celebrate my 7yrs of being healthy, Noella and Dr MacArthur remain dear in our hearts. His optimism continued beyond that of the surgery and helped in recovery . Best wishes to Dr MacArthur and his team

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Dr. MacArthur is an outstanding skilled surgeon and specialist. His willingness to explain, take on the challenge of an extremely complex heart surgery was so much appreciated. He is an exceptional doctor who western Canada is lucky to have. Anyone should trust his highly recognized competence, superior skill, vast knowledge -- knowing they are truly in the care of a compassionate & talented surgeon! Dr. MacArthur is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2014

Dr. MacArthur saved my life, plain and simple. Dr. MacArthur's exceptional talent, his brilliant mind and nurturing, compassionate spirit are unsurpassed. This beautiful man works tirelessly, from morning to night and through the operations and 16 hour days, maintains his gentle and optimistic disposition. He is a thoughtful and intuitive doctor, always taking the time to visit and check on his patients whatever the time of day. I have several friends who are medical doctors and specialists in their field who can attest to his incredible reputation as one of the most highly regarded heart surgeons anywhere;period. We are so, so fortunate to have this fantastic, skilled, caring surgeon at the Mazankowski Heart Institute. He will be in my heart(figuratively) forever and I hope literally, never again. My wife, Julia and I are forever grateful to Dr. MacArthur and his administrative assistant, Noella, for their heart. Godspeed to all. Give em hell. Marcus Walsh

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Doctor was very friendly, professional, and the care from the staff was excellent.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I owe my life to Dr. MacArthur and his skill and compassion as a surgeon. My chances of survival without the double valve surgery he performed were 0%, but Dr. MacArthur was willing to perform the surgery and extend my life. Dr. MacArthur has been an angel in our lives. I went from counting my days to playing in the garden with my grandchildren and looking forward to many more years watching them grow. He and his staff, especially Noella, are extremely competent and caring. I don't have enough good things to say about Dr. MacArthur and his team. If you are blessed enough to have Dr. MacArthur as your surgeon, you are in the very best of hands.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

I found Dr. Roderick MacArthur very kind, helpful and knowledgeable as was his resident and staff. He gave me information which changed my mind about the type of valve I would opt for. His staff person (Noella) is a real gem and she was very helpful in assisting me and reducing my anxiety. The anesthetist was great, and the ICU and ward staff were excellent. I feel Dr. MacArthur and his team have given me a new lease on life for which I am more thankful than words can express. I am gaining energy every day. I am on minimal medications, and I am in the process of changing my lifestyle to make full use of the opportunity I have been given for the extra time I have left. Although I thanked Dr. MacArthur at my exit interview, I cannot fully express the gratitude and good fortune I feel to have been his patient. Best Wishes to Dr. MacArthur and His wonderful team! Joseph Wood

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. Roderick MacArthur's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had open heart surgery Dec 16, 2014 to fix an aortic aneurysm. I woke up from surgery to find Dr macarthur at my bedside telling me everything went great. H..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR. Mac Arthur has taken me into his care and I have total confidence in his decisions about my heart health and any future surgery that I will be needing. I h..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This man has a very smooth and slick smile. He pretends to be your friend but doesn't care about anyone but himself. All he wants to do is make as much money ..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Roderick MacArthur is now my hero. I was so fortunate to have been referred to him for my aorta valve replacement . He is such a humble man, very, very c..."

June 13, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6G 2J2". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 8440 112 Street NW". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804072186".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr MacArthur is not only an outstanding and skilled surgeon but a truly exceptional, wonderful person. He saved my life at the age of 38yrs old and as I celebr..."

February 2, 2015