Ratings for Dr. James P. Cohen

When my elderly mother moved in with me, we needed to find her a new primary care physician (PCP); Dr. Cohen was "the new kid in town." I loved my mother dearly, but she was not the easiest or the most accommodating patient - she could always find something to complain about or something not done to her standards. From the beginning, Dr. Cohen treated my mother respectfully, he listened carefully, and he explained everything clearly; we were both impressed. When my insurance allowed, I made Dr. Cohen my PCP; it's been over 20 years now, and I have never regretted the decision. When I had an issue with one of his staff or a consultant, he listened to me and followed up with me re what he did about my complaint. Respect, professionalism, up-to-date knowledge and practice, follow-up, and clarity of communication are just some of the qualities he brings to the doctor/patient relationship. (And, he is a Red Sox fan - doesn't get much better than that!)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

I have been a patient of Westford Internal Medicine and Dr.Cohen for almost 20 years and have been very pleased with the quality of care I have received. The staff and doctors are all genuinely concerned and willing to take the time to discuss whatever issues you have. Dr. Cohen has been a huge help in treating my adult onset diabetes.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Things must have changed in a year. Quick to give unnecessary tests. Nurses snappy. Feel like a number. Nevertheless, he seems most competent in whole practice, and there is always someone to see you in a pinch.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

He's been my PCP for over 10 years! He's always willing to listen and takes him time with you to make sure all of your concerns are voiced. He's very thorough and has a wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

He's a great doctor, will spend a lot of time with you, won't rush you out the door. Will order any tests needed and medications. Seems knowledgable, will refer you to another doctor when needed.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

Dr. James P. Cohen's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1982)