Ratings for Dr. Lowell Theard

After my appointment on Jan 20th as a new patient, he ordered a Chest X-Ray and some bloodwork, to establish a baseline. I went downstairs and they took a little blood. Here it is a month later and I still have not been called for the Chest X-Ray. I have left several messages, none of which have been returned.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Excellent doctor and an honest gentleman. His staff is very knowledgeable and accommodating. Rosa is the best!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I went to Dr. Theard a few years back and was extremely displeased by the unprofessionalism of his office. After a few years at a different doctor, I decided to give him a try again since his office is close to home and convenient for me. Boy was that a mistake! Although the receptionist/nurse(?) was different from when I was there previously, this lady was the worse! Since I only have 1000 characters, I will be brief and say that I had to take time off work on three separate occasions due to the receptionist mistakes in scheduling. When I finally had a chance to see Dr. Theard and convey this issue to him, he ended up lecturing me and making ME feel guilty for the incompetence of HIS staff and accusing me of being hostile. During this visit, he also told me that he would refuse to see me if I did not take the medicine he prescribed for high blood pressure with no alternative consideration. I will NEVER go back to this man again and I feel that he is a detriment to the practice.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

I had an initial appointment with this doctor some years ago. My appointment time was 4pm and I always make it a point to be on time. After his nurse did the common preliminary workup I was told to undress and wait for the doctor to come and see me. Don't laugh, I actually sat there for an hour in my underpants. When he finally came in to see me and asked how I was I told him I was extremely unhappy having sat there in my underwear for an hour in spite of having an appointment. He then lectured me by telling me I did not understand how a doctor's office works and actually had the audacity to say he was not about to apologize. I must say, this doctor is a very nice dresser. Unfortunately this seems to be of greater importance to him than the care and treatment of his patients. In addition, the questions he asked me about my medical history where unbelievably superficial and his subsequent extremely brief examination made me very weary of his medical expertise.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

My appointment was for 4:00, and I got out at 6:30 p.m. Amont other things, I needed some prescriptions because I changed health plans, and when he read my birth control prescription, he asked me what it was! Nothing is written like it (28 pills!) and the pill I use is a common one. I also have some chronic conditions (narcolepsy and hypoglycemia) and he had never heard of either, and refused to fill my prescriptions for me even though I brought him old ones. He had no knowledge of common medications, hist staff was unhelpful, he was RUDE, and DO NOT GO TO HIM!! Waste of time and emotional energy. I've been to loads of doctors, some better than others, and I can say with patient authority that this one is incompetent. Stay away!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

Dr. Lowell Theard's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Culver City, CA