Ratings for Dr. Sally A. McFarland

If there were negative stars for her I would give her that. I feel bad giving the staff 1 star but justify it because they didn't warn me about the mistreatment I was about to endure. DO NOT See this doctor. Unfortunately most of us are vulnerable when we are seeing a doctor, but never have I heard a doctor exploit a patient's vulnerabilities with such skill. She is capable of turning a routine appointment for a minor burn into the Spanish Inquisition. if you thought you were feeling icky before seeing her, you will leave feeling miserable after. And if you thought you were miserable before you saw her, you haven't seen miserable. She has a terrible demeanor, arrogant doesn't even begin to describe her, she is mean spirited and very willing to belittle patients for their vulnerabilities. At a minimum any of us should expect to feel safe when seeing a medical professional, but that would be a lofty expectation to have from Dr. McFarland. Instead, you can expect to feel far worse off after seeing her than before you came to see her. So save yourself the agony and do not come near her. She will make you pay.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Was unpleasant from the first time I met her. She did not seem to care, was abrupt and rude for all of my appointments except for one where she actually seemed nice. I was crying hysterically so that might have had something to do with it. Her nurse Jackie was great.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have never met or seen a doctor who is so incredibly rude. I told her I had salmonella-like symptoms and she responded with "are you a doctor?" I'll make sure everyone I know doesn't give this terrible doctor any of their hard earned money.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

Do not go to this Dr. I have seen her twice for different reasons and will not go back !! She is rude, grumpy, disrespectful, in a rush and does not listen at all!! I went to see her for what I knew was an ear infection. I barely got two sentences out before she cut me off and rudely told me I did not have an infection. I mentioned a few other symptoms and she very quickly checked my ears and responded with a condesending, "Nooe, nothing in your ears". I mentioned tooth pain and she quickly told me to go see my dentist. I know for a fact that some people with sinus infections can have excrutiating pain that feels like a tooth ache. This pain is due to sinus pockets near the molars. Funny but Dr McFarland did not know this. Save yourself a headache and find another Dr!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

This lady is the absolute WORST. The two times I went to her, I waited 35 minutes passed my appointment time. The second time I went to see her I was experience flu like systems. When I told her that, she ran out of the room saying, "you have the flu", like I shouldn't have come to the Doctor's office. She went to the nurse and asked them if they knew. She came back in with a mask on - didn't check out my lungs, or throat, just started filling out prescriptions for me. Two days later I wasn't feeling any better, matter of fact I was feeling worse. It was late in the afternoon when I talked to her and she told me to go to the ER. Again, I felt as if she didn't want me to come in the office and infect her. I went to the ER and found out I had pneumonia - had she listened to my lungs, she would have known that. Needless to say, I had my files transferred to another care provider and I am extremely happy with them.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr. McFarland has been my doctor for years. I find her to be polite and takes an interest in her patients. I'm sorry for her personal issues and wish her a speedy come back.She has help me with my medical issues and has always prescribed the correct medicine. I once had a weekend issue and she returned my call and promptly took care of it. Job well done. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

EXTREMELY DISSATIFIED. First visit she looked at me and said I had sleep apnea without any exam. Sent me to have a sleep study but did not tell me that the study was where her husband worked. She is abrupt, rude, disresptecful and can be insulting. On a later visit, I was told I had high cholesterol and should have bloodwork re-done. When I went back for the second results they did not have the results, had to call for them and then I found out without being told upfront that the lab did not run the cholestrol test - that visit was a total waste of my time. She was highly insulted that I was upset and complained - she never apologized for the error. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AS I FEEL SHE IS NOT THOGOUGH AND IS UNCARING ABOUT YOUR WELLBEING!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

I've never been thrilled with her bedside manner, but she was local, so my husband and I have been using her for several years. I just got a notice that she and her partner are dissolving their practicea nd McFarland is opening a new office somewhere in Fairfax. When I googled Sally McFarland I may have found out why her business partner wants her out. Turns out her bedside manner may carry over into her personal life - scary stuff. I'm finding another doctor ASAP!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Outstanding pysician. Great personality in my opinion. I was pleased with her manner and thoroughness. Unsure how to account for other negative reviews.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr McFarland diagnosed a lurking health problem that I would have overlooked until it became serious. She treated it agressively and now I am not at risk. She's a very good doctor. She takes the time to do a thorough history and explors every angle. A very good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr. Sally A. McFarland's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

MAMSI