Ratings for Dr. Malcolm D. Gottlich

He has been a doctor of the family for over 20 years - don't know what I'm going to do without him!! :-(

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Very knowledgeable but also listens and explains. Would definitely use again if needed.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I went in because I had pain in my shoulder due to rotator cuff surgery. He said something like, "everyone comes in here expecting their pain to go away and they don't excersice and they wonder why". Sarcastic. He mentioned if the pain isn't gone after my next visit from exercising it, another surgery might be the next option. As he was leaving the door, i said, so are you planning on surgery possibly? He says No, I'm not planning on it, are you! Very rude. Gave me a corizone shot while there, and i accidentally without thinking started putting my shirt back on just before he left to go get the needle and said another sarcastic thing about i can't give you a shot with your shirt on. I didn't bother to go back after that experience.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

My wife and I were on I-95 parked, our car was rear ended at 65 miles per hour. We were injured and sought medical attention. Made an appt. with Dr. Gottlich. Waited 2.5 hours to be seen. First thing he says when he walks in the room is that he would not do surgery on my knee because of the medication I am on, which I've taken for 3 years. He was rude, condescending, full of himself, egotistical. I was so close to smacking him senseless, but where would it have gotten me? Even though he admitted I needed surgery (after reviewing my MRI) he stated he would not perform it unless I cut my medication down by 75%!!! He had the audacity to raise his voice to me when I objected to his demands, threatened to leave the room and not examine me. He could not have cared less about my pain or injury. He is not there to help patients, he is there to make money and stroke his own ego. He was unnecessarily rough in the examine as well, telling me my reaction to his pressing on my injury was out of proportion to the actual injury. There were actually people walking out of the office who had been waiting hours to be seen, no seats in the waiting room. I still don't understand why, since the doctor is horrible, nauseating.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I believe in the adage that life can be hard, but manners should be easy. What Dr. Gottlich may have learned in medical school, his parents missed in his upbringing. I found him to be curt & arrogant. His refusal to view me as a whole person - rather than a hurt knee - was disappointing. I have pain in one knee, but numbness/pain in both legs/feet & on one side of my body. He told me at least 3-5 times during my visit that "he could only speak about my knee" because that's all he was authorized to speak about when I didn't bring other things up. I understand limitations that insurance companies place on doctors, but it was the manner in which he spoke to me that was disconcerting. After minutes of enduring him talking down to me, I finally told him that he didn't need to speak to me like I was a moron. It's a shame, really. I'm not even sure how intelligent the guy is. He presented such poor manners, big ego & inflated attitude that he came across as the dumbest doctor I'd ever met.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr Gottlich has no bed side manner, very rude. He does not listen to his patient. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

dr.gottlich is very un helpful and rude! he acts like he is better than you and doesnt give u the time of day. doesnt answer questions. i lost my leg and asked him a question about the remaining leg i hag and he was very rude and me, talked down to me and my wife. very disrespectful and unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Went there for a shoulder injury. After xrays and tests, he said there wasn't anything wrong but a little arthritis.He sent me to PT, but after four visits, my shoulder was much worse and so painful. I ended up loosing my job. I have very limited movement and a noisy joint. I keep it stretched but how can he say there is nothing wrong. He treated me like I was trying to cheat the workers comp company! His staff was very nice.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I was sent to Dr.Gottlich for a second opinion, by workman's comp insurance carrier, I was just wanting an answer to why I'm having pain and what treatment I could receive to fix the problem. He from the start insulted and humiliated me, and basically treated me like I was trying to scam the insurance company, for an injury that could have been prevented if my employer would have made the appropriate accommodation. My advise look for a Physician that puts patient care first and is not all about saving the insurance companies money. I do not recommend this Physician for your care.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Entire office was rude. He told me he couldn't read my Mri and they had 30 min. To get the report to him or I had to leave. I injured my knee , it was very painful and swollen (after 3 weeks). He told me to stop using my crutches and brace and that I just needed to PT the injury. 5 weeks later and its worse , more painfull, and more swollen than before. He still has no clue what I injured. I have been told now by 2 other doctors now I have an LCL tear. Find a real doctor and save yourself a visit.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Dr. Malcolm D. Gottlich's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Healthnet