Ratings for Dr. A. Lee Osterman

GET A SECOND OPINION PLEASE!!! If every time you have to wait 2-4 hours, why don't they just schedule your appt later? I waited 4 hours for 15 minutes of Doc's time. He told me I needed wrist replacement/fusion soon....I cried for a month and then did some research...went to Hospital for Special Surgery in NY and they told me i did NOT need surgery and gave me an injection. I am so angry...I wasted a month of my life crying ...Please...get a second opinion if you have the time!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

I was treated for 14 weeks by a doctor near my home for a broken ulna which should have been operated on. For a second opinion Dr. Osterman was recommended and I am so grateful for that. I am 73 and injured several times in my life, To Dr. Osterman and all his staff ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU, WITH ALL MY HEART.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

I am a surgeon and did my research to find Dr. Osterman and I am so grateful I did. This gentle giant of a skilled micro surgeon, together with his first mate Kathleen, performed miracles on my dominant hand and gave me near instant relief of my symptoms. If you have a problem with you hand/arm/whatever you must see this man. Posters complaining about wait times probably wouldn’t have waited for Michangelo to finish his David either: let them stay away, it’ll be easier for you to get an appointment! Go here!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Waited over 3 hours to see Dr Osterman and understand that this is normal for this office. Totally unacceptable! I don't care how wonderful he is, there is no reason to over book patients to this extent. Find another good doctor. There are plenty at Rothman and in the Philay area who can probably address your hand issues, without the exorbitant wait time,!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I gave Dr Osterman 5 stars on punctuality because there is good reason for it. First of all, he does many of the more complicated surgeries that other doctors won't do and they often take longer than anticipated, so if surgery goes long, then his appointments afterwards run late. I say this because he fixed my hand after 2 previous surgeries from another doctor and the surgery ran 1 1/2 hours longer than anticipated. He will also spend as much time as you need during your appointment with him. He will stick with you until he figures it out and stay and answer questions without feeling rushed at all. He is dedicated, and will work late into the night to finish his appointments. I got the full use of my hand back because of him.

Submitted January 21, 2016

He seem great- op in a few weeks an I have confidence in him because he actually examined my wrist. BUT..4 hour wait - why? this is not rocket science, fix that issue. staff is rudest staff I have ever come across- I am sure it is because patients are always fed up with the long wait.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Dr Osterman is a top surgeon in Philadelphia I have had many hand surgeries and he is very pleasant knowledgeable and explains everything he is going to do. I have had my surgeries done at Methodist hospital which is part of Jefferson Hospital. I have been very pleased with Dr osterman and his staff.I would highly recommend DrOsterman he has great bedside manners and my surgeries have been successful !!!!! The only thing is you have to wait about three hours to see him but he is worth it !!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

a little bit of wait at appoiments but well forth it. great Doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Highly recommended and seemed to know exactly how to fix my right wrist. Very careful examination even for my other wrist which seemed fine. Scheduled for surgery a few weeks later but things fell apart. His staff seemed disorganized and difficult to reach. They called me to schedule a post op appt BEFORE my surgery. Then they assured me my surgery was on schedule. The day before, I learned the hospital did not have my preop test rests nor did they have me on the patient list for surgery. After some scrambling by the labs and hospital, my paperwork was sent, no thanks to the Dr's staff. Then the hospital had difficulty reaching Dr's staff to resolve the patient listing. Late in the day Dr's staff called and told me they could squeeze me in. I didn't want to be an afterthought. I declined. Now looking for another surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Four hour wait EVERY TIME! They tell you to show up on time, but you will have about a 4 hour wait. There is no respect for wasting your time. He operates like a bull in a china shop. My finger was not pinned straight and the trigger release surgery I had was unsuccessful. He should have retired long ago.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013