Ratings for Dr. John S. Rodman

My 88 year old Father was a patient of Dr. Rodman's for 20+ years. My dad was fully functioning and healthy, suffering only from high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He lived on his own, drove, worked out everday and was in great shape. My Dad lost his wife of 67 years (my Mother) Sept 2012. Naturally he became severly depressed and had a breakdown of sorts 3 weeks ago and has been in the hospital ever since. My Father was in need of a physician on staff at Sarasota Memorial...naturally my siblings and I requested Dr Rodman who serves on staff. Dr Rodman not only denied treating my father, he didn't have the human decency to make a phone call to us to let us know and/or explain his reasons. Dr Rodman was of course willing to take my Father's business (i.e. - money) for 20+ years, yet not even a single phone call! Really!!!??? We've all been to some good doctors and some bad ones. But this situation leaves my entire family stunned and speechless. Sad and shameful to say the least...

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

In order to get an apt you must call and leave a message then wait for a call back not good when you are really sick to sit around waiting for a receptionist to call you back. Avoid his practice Very uncaring!!!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

two visits great bedside manner, great preventative health advice,and went beyond to receive preauthorization from insurance, patient oriented

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Very friendly and knowledgeable. Staff was very helpful. I've seen him 4 times over the past 2 years and he's always close to on time.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2007

Dr. John S. Rodman's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

GHI