You may also like

I've been seeing Dr. Cotsen for over 5 years now and I must say that he is one of the most wonderful human beings on the planet. He's caring, observant, patient and most of all he really seems to know you. In a world of doctors today that couldn't seem to care less about their patients as individuals, Dr. Cotsen stands head and shoulders above all other doctors in terms of remembering who you are and what problems you are facing. He won’t always tell you want you want to hear, but you can bet that when that is the case, it is instead what you needed to hear. Asking for help is a difficult thing for most - especially for one with trust issues, like myself. I can honestly say I felt safe during my initial session with him, & that feeling grew throughout further sessions. Dr. Cotsen also stands above the rest in regards to treating the whole person. He will not just push medications and/or look to the most superficial of diagnoses - he will listen. He knows meds like no one else, is always up on the latest trends, yet is conservative and careful with his approach. I've grown so much since being in treatment with him and am now excited instead of fearful about what the future holds for my life. It was truly one of the best decision I've made for myself. PS If I have any advice for future psychiatric patients - of any doctor - it would be to approach therapy realistically. In my opinion, it’s unrealistic to think that you would - or should - just “click” with a psychiatrist initially. They aren’t your friend, they are your doctor & they have a job to do. But you should at least begin feeling comfortable being honest with them at some point during those first few sessions - the ones outlining your general life/relationship history. If you can’t be honest about who you were & who you are, how can they help you become the person you truly want to be?

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Cotsen saved my life! He is compassionate, knowledgable and patient. It's hard to find a psychiatrist who can also provide invaluable psychotherapy. I used to divide my time between two different providers which was expensive, time consuming and difficult in terms of developing a relationship and literally remembering whom I told what. The best part of being Dr. Cotsen's patient is that I was under the care of one doctor who knew everything about me and offered the most comprehensive treatment I'd ever had.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Dr. Cotsen actually hears everything you say during your sessions. He scheduled my first emergent appt within a 2days and has been available at al times ever since....

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Did a decent job of solving the problems created by a couple of quacks who thought my anxiety required medication. Still, like the other two psychiatrists I visited during my benzo-induced depression, has a tendency to over-medicate. I kept dosage levels to the bare minimum, and with the help of a couple of different types of biofeedback and a lot of good, hard exercise, was able to stop taking that crap and return to normal.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Dr. T. ADAM Cotsen's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I've been seeing Dr. Cotsen for over 5 years now and I must say that he is one of the most wonderful human beings on the planet. He's caring, observant, ..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cotsen saved my life! He is compassionate, knowledgable and patient. It's hard to find a psychiatrist who can also provide invaluable psychotherapy. I use..."

October 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Adam" to "Adam A."

October 20, 2013