Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Bidair

I'd first like to mention some of Dr. Bidair's credentials: Harvard grad, UCSD, Practice since 1988, Chief of Urology, Research Director; Results of his work on his website; People from all over the world travel to see him; Enough said. It is a bit pricey, and justly so. Nevertheless, Totally Worth It. I would not have gotten my circumcision done by any other urologist for two reasons: One, there are a number of styles of circumcision out there too - low/high, tight/loose, frenulum intact/removed/trimmed. Two, The law allows any doctor to perform a circumcision - pediatricians, family medicine. Because of these things, there a number of cosmetic defects that can result from a circumcision, and often do. Circumcisions typically take 20 minutes to perform. Snip, Sew. Results in the mystery box. Hanging frenulum, leaving too much excess, etc. Then you'd need a revision circumcision anyways. The penis is a malleable thing. As all engineers know, it is harder to refine a pen than it is a tractor. For me, I don't want any general practice doctor trimming my business as if it just another procedure. I want a cosmetics specialist with lots of experience. You want the expert here. Dr. Bidair takes his time. ~2 hour procedure. He discusses the procedure with you before operating. As mentioned, he does amazing work. I underwent the procedure with local anesthesia. Naturally I was a bit nervy at first, but because of the ADJUSTMENTS Dr. Bidair made, I had a tremendous confidence in him. That is what I paid for. That is where the experience really showed. And it made the procedure that much easier to go through. Like the most pain I'd undergone was the beginning of pain, but not pain, and I'd communicate with him, and he'd communicate back and also adjust asap. From the initial inquiry phases to the end of procedure and follow-up, well worth the money. Deborah was the operating assistant. She answered all my questions I had when I was first interested. And she and Dr. Bidair were both awesome and personable all the way through.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Great doctor...very, very smart. Nice office, lovely staff.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Submitted October 15, 2012

My two teenage sons had circumcisions performed by Dr. Bidair. We drove 11 hours to San Diego to have the procedures done by Dr. Bidair, as he specializes in doing circumcisions. It was well worth the drive. He immediately put my sons at ease, taking time to explain exactly what would happen. He described various options they had as far as the cosmetic outcome of the surgery. The procedure wasn't painful, nor did they have much pain afterward. They are both delighted with the results. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bidair to anyone considering this procedure. I called a number of other doctors' offices before I came upon Dr. Bidair, and his price was the lowest I found, by far.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Dr. Bidair and Staff were excellent;knowledge and skill were erudite. I could NOT have picked a better Urologist to take care of me when I had a DX of Prostate cancer. I would see Dr. Bidair again. Also, Dr. Bidair and staff gave excellent care to my partner, Stephen.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Great doctor...very smart, very nice, takes time with you. Front office staff a little flaky/scatterbrained but nice. Nurse (Laura) very nice and competent.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr. Bidair is excellent. He is extremely knowlegeable, nice, and took time to make sure all my questions were answered. His staff is very professional and friendly and the office seems well run. Unfortunately, they do not take HMO insurance.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Dr. Mohamed Bidair's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1988)