Ratings for Dr. Timothy Patrick Baker

I've been seeing Dr. Baker for many years and find him to be an excellent listener. As with most GPs, when he knows he is beyond his knowledge, he will refer you immediately. In today's world driven by insurance companies, Dr.s are forced to be most efficient and some patients might take that as being too abrupt and not attentive enough. That is just the nature of the business today.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. BAKER SINCE I FIRST MOVED HERE FROM R.I. IN 1990. I HAVE FOUND HIM TO BE A VERY CARING DOCTOR WHO LISTENS, OFFERS OPTIONS AND PRESCRIBES THE BEST MEDICATIONS. I HAVE ALSO SEEN HIM RESEARCH NEW MEDICATIONS FOR OBESITY AND NOT PRESCRIBE SOME THAT HE HAD CONCERNS ABOUT MY USING. HE GAVE ME DIETS TO FOLLOW AND SUGGESTED READINGS TO HELP. WHEN I HAD KNEE SURGERY IN 2000 HE FOUND TIME TO COME IN AND SEE ME IN THE HOSPITAL EVERY DAY EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T THERE UNDER HIS CARE BUT ANOTHER ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR. WHEN I NEEDED A REFERRAL TO A HEART DOCTOR HE SENT ME TO THE SAME DOCTOR HE HAD REFERRED HIS OWN FATHER TO . I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY OVER THE YEARS WITH THE DOCTORS HE HAS REFERRED ME TO. THEY ARE KIND , KNOWLEDGABLE AND ALSO LET DR. BAKER KNOW WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON WITH ME. I HAVE MOVED TO CASA GRANDE NOW AND STILL GO BACK TO HIM AND ALL THE CHANDLER DOCTORS AND THE REGIONAL HOSPITAL THERE. JS.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Well, I have mixed feelings about Dr. B., and now that I'm moving from Chandler will be a good time to switch. Pros: He takes the time and listens. He explains things well. Cons: I don't think he takes women seriously. My male friend goes to Dr. B and gets great info and advice, as well as Rx's. When I (a lady) see Dr. B, he kind of pooh-poohs my concerns and has a bit of a "get over it" attitude. I will say his staff is great.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

I really like Dr. Baker, he has always listened to me when I need him to listen. There are times when he seems stretched to the limits and needs to give a quick answer, yet when I need to talk he takes a chair and listens. So far Dr. Baker has been the best doctor I have found in this state. I would agree he is great with kids, my children really like him. Yet I think it is easier with children they are not so quick to judge you like adults, and children tend to be a lot more understanding. Dr. Baker is great someone referred me to him and I referred his office to my friends and they were thankful.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

Dr. Baker has been my Personal Physician for many years. He has always been willing to see me when I needed him - has been a good listener (when I go in with a list of questions) - He 'refers' to excellent Specialists when needed.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Actually listens to you and works with what you know about yourself as well as his professional knowledge. A great Dr., and a very nice person as well.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Baker has been my PCP for about 4 years. It's one of those situations where I'd have to agree with the previous posts. He's a nice person and seems as though he's listening but then his diagnosis tells you he wasn't. He's the son of a military family so he does have a kind of walk-it-off mindset. I rarely go to the doctor but now that I've read the other posts and really thought about it, it is because I dread seeing him. And his staff is either poorly trained or just don't care. Either way plan on babysitting them regarding faxes or anything beyond making an appointment. They had on a chart that I was allergic to something I wasn't. When I corrected the nurse she said "Oh I guess we just made it up then"... who says that? Oh I guess I'LL just find a doctor with PROFESSIONAL employees then.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

i have to agree with many feedbacks here that this guy is not too good. I feel that 1) he doesn't look too hard to figure out what's wrong, for most of my complaints he has a "come if it gets worse" advice. Usually prescribes something and sends you out with no satisfactory diagnose. 2) his staff is horrible. Takes year to get through to a human to set appointment, cannot rely on having appointment in reasonable time, i feel it's getting better, but i had a case when i had severe pain and had to wait two weeks;

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Baker is not even a little bit helpful. I think he is too quick to hand out prescriptions and I don't think he is a good listener. I would prefer a doctor who seems like they actually care about helping you and not just mask the symptoms.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2007

Lazy would be my biggest complaint about Dr. Baker. He is quick to hand out a prescription, and not willing to find a cause or reason for a complaint, or symptoms. He is not a good listener, and does not have patience for people who wish to participate in their own health care. He is, however, very patient with children which is a plus when someone must bring their children with them to their appointments.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Dr. Timothy Patrick Baker's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)