Ratings for Dr. Maria C. Ramirez-Nieto

Extremely long wait times in the office. While the doctor is nice, her staff is rude. I have had to wait so long for medication refills(several days), I have run out of my seizure medicine on multiple occasions. It's a huge hassle. To get refills, I finally had to yell at them. They have also rescheduled my appointment several times and would not give me a cash pay discount. Now that I have insurance, I went to another neurologist, and can't get my records from them after waiting a month and paying $65. I have run out of seizure medicine yet again because of this. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

I am very unhappy with her office. Her staff are rude and unfriendly. At every appointment I have to wait 1 1/2 to 2 hours past my appointment time. Whenever I call in between appointments, it takes 2-3 days for a staff member to get back to me. That's because the doctor is usually not in the office and can only be reached by email. She also refused to fill out special paperwork that required a doctor's signature. I do not recommend her, and am changing doctors.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Wanted copies of my records but did not receive them in a timely manner after having to pay $35.00 Spoke with Dr. about this and got no help whatsoever. Changing doctors.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

NEVER AGAIN! PLEASE READ THESE POSTS BEFORE YOU MEET HER. HER STAFF RIDICULOUS...I'M GOING TO GET A SECOND OPINION..WAS SHE DIDNT EVEN LISTEN TO MY PROBLEM ALL THE WAY. HOW CAN YOU DIAGNOSIS ME IN THE MIDDLE OF SENTENCE? WE HAD A 10 MINUTE DISCUSSION & WASNT EVEN RELATED.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr Nieto literally saved my life from a brain condition. She explained all the complicated procedures and was very patient. She called me at home when I was released from the hospital. Believe me...she cares.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Extremely rude staff. Didn't tell me of office move prior to my visit. Went in for a scheduled EEG and they new virtually nothing about it. Technician had incorrect information. Made an error on my insurance and have now sent me to collections. Billing Mgr called me a liar...twice. Billing Mgr said he "Didn't have time for me" when I tried to resolve collections matter. There are plenty of other PROFESSIONAL doctors in this town.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

This doctor refuses to meet with patients families or to even give them calls. I don't believe this doctor cares if her patients live or die. I believe she has watched too many episodes of "House".

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

Dr. Maria C. Ramirez-Nieto's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in San Juan, PR